It was REALLY busy today at work and I felt REALLY bad for my student because I was having her do a lot of stuff, but then I would take over when she could have done stuff. I was scattered (and crabby at times) and not sure I was a very good teacher. I did talk to her after the shift was over to make sure she was okay with the way things were going. She told me it was okay, but it was pretty nuts. I think today's "quote of the day" is quite interesting..."I treat others exactly the way I want to be treated." ~Dionne Warwick. Well, I'm not SO sure I did that today, but I tried to catch myself whenever I was leaning toward not being very nice. I'm pretty sure I "slipped up" a time or two and was rather impatient with some folks, annoyed with others...overall, probably not one of my better days as far as being nice to people!
My friend ended up back in the PICU last night with her son (she's the one who painted my guest room last summer when he was here after transplant). I haven't talked to her in MONTHS, and was hoping it was because things were going well. (Of course, I talked about her a few times last week at work...it always seems like that brings the kids back to the hospital!). He's pretty sick, and they aren't exactly sure what is going on. I was able to "catch up" with her when I got off and we visited for over an hour (we still have lots to talk about!). While I DID miss talking to her, I would have rather taken a road trip to go visit than see her here! It WAS nice to see her, though, and since I have the next three days off, I'm sure I'll be seeing more of her. She is SO great. I am SO thankful that God continues to bring wonderful friends into my life :o) I'm praying that he improves quickly and gets to go home soon.
Well, my lunch consisted of a spinach salad with dried cranberries, blackberries, strawberries, and carrots with ranch dressing (sometimes I like to pretend I am a healthy eater! I also had a Diet Coke.). That was about eight hours ago, so I'm pretty hungry (plus Medium is on!). I would love to write more, but my stomach has other plans (and, no computer at home means this is it!). Good night from mom and dad's (my mom said my computer got to Fort Worth on Thursday, but that doesn't really tell me when it will get back to me!).
Marcie, thanks for commenting on my last journal entry. My legs are a bit sore from my run, but in a crazy kind of way, it is a "good" feeling! I agree that once the race day comes, I will be able to do it because of the reasons I want to do it. I stopped by your blog long enough to see you have adorable little red-headed girls, but that's about it (well, at least that's what I remember about my visit...you could have a couple of little red-headed boys, or one of each!). I PROMISE when I get my computer back, I'll read your story, and tell you hello then! Take care!
Laurie, I guess you are still traveling...hope you are having fun!! :o)
1 comment:
Hey Girl,
Last week was a humdinger and this week continues to be the same. My niece is out from Arizona with her baby and had a family get together Sunday so everyone could meet her daughter. We are leaving Wednesday night and will be back late Saturday night. I have wanted to respond to the emotional roller coaster we seem to be riding but will have to wait until I get back and email you. Hubby is under foot:) I promise to write when this week is over and done and things get back to normal again. I love you and your heart. Enjoy your days off okay?
Love you, Laurie in Ca.
Post a Comment