Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Read, read, read

Tomorrow I am to lead my first meeting as the chairperson of my unit council. I finally finished the agenda about 9:00 this evening. I finished reading all of the policies and procedures required for this month about 10:00 (I did take a break in between those!). Luckily, I already read the minutes from the other committe meetings before today, so I just had to skim through them to create my agenda. Next month I hope to be a LOT more organized! I have SO much paper strewn about (next month I will try and only have one copy of everything...I think I have three copies of one of the documents...that did not help my organization!). Along with all of my personal paper/clutter, my living room is a disaster area!

I never did my reading or homework for last night's meeting, and I have more to do before tomorrow night. I'm hoping I will be able to stay awake long enough to read some tonight.

Today I went with my aunt to watch my cousin play softball. She is in college and was playing in a town about an hour and a half away from here. We met up with another aunt for lunch before the game which was really nice. My cousin played the whole first game, but didn't get in the second game while we were there. It was SO cold there! This weather is just crazy (someone even said we could get some "flurries" tonight...what's up with that?! I thought it was SPRING!). I brought along my reading since I knew we were going to be in the car for a while, but ended up just visiting with my aunt. She is a fourth grade teacher, so we both had stories to share :o)

I did a little bit of laundry, and ran the dishwasher. So, I guess I feel like I was semi-productive today (or, very productive if you believe family time takes top priority!).

Earlier, I was getting a little upset about a certain situation. I feel a little better about it now, but am not sure if I "solved" anything...maybe that's not the kind of "issue" it was! In any case, I'm praying that God helps me out if I have a decision to make...

I suppose I should get ready for bed. Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails