Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Enjoying the Outdoors

I finally got out of bed about 11:30 again today...that late night stuff just does NOT work for me (and, I know that, so only volunteered to work late on Monday because I knew I would be able to catch up on my sleep during my three days off!).

I went running, but realized that I probably have not been going as far as I thought I was (the little "mile markers" on the trail are in kilometers, not miles). I ran for 45 minutes, so less than four miles, but I really do think I'll be okay on "race day" because it wasn't really my body that made me want to stop as much as being thirsty (which won't be as much as a problem during the race since there will be a couple water stations!). It was very nice outside, but I'm glad I went at noon instead of later since I believe the temperatures reached the 70s.

My cousin had softball games at 5 and 7, so I went with my aunt, uncle, and two other cousins. She didn't get to play at all, but it was still fun (seeing her play would have been great, but we kind of knew she probably wouldn't get off the bench). It was nice to get some fresh air, and spend time with family.

That pretty much was my day (being really productive when you hardly see the morning is a bit of a challenge!). I'm thinking I'll do a little reading before I go to sleep so tomorrow I just have the homework to do. My friend text messaged me this morning that she and her son will be going home tomorrow, so hopefully I will get to see them before they leave. I didn't get any updates on the baby today, but I'm thinking no news is good news, or no change news, because I'm pretty sure his mom would call me about anything else. The baby I wrote about who was injured by her baby sitter ended up getting out of rehab today and going home. That is great news!

With all that fresh air, I'm sure to sleep well (although, as I have written before...sleep is hardly ever a problem for me!). Good night.

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Checking in on you today to see what you are up to:) Good to hear you are getting out and enjoying it. I've been out this week doing yardwork and it feels so good to freshen stuff up.
Have a good week.

Laurie in Ca.
PS. Have you checked out Team A's latest picture? It is just the cutest ever!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails