Today was my first day without a "sidekick" in a month (my last shift "alone" was March 30, so EXACTLY a month!). I think it took me until about 10:00 to get my act together and figure out what I needed to do and begin to organize my day! Luckily, all my patients had families, and the one who was "call light happy" went home at 1:00 (I don't think I could have handled it if she would have been there all shift...six hours was PLENTY!). I am not sure why that call light was annoying me so much, but it was (with three days off, you would think my fuse would be a bit longer, but it was not!). Anyway, we all survived and I clocked out exactly at 7:30...and SO ready to go home (I did stop by Burger King on the way home...a Whopper and fries can cure anything, right?!).
That's pretty much all I got for today...nothing too exciting! I didn't talk to the baby's mom at all yesterday, and today we "texted" a couple messages, but I didn't get an "update". She wasn't feeling that great, so was just "chilling" this evening. I'm contemplating putting on my pj's and watching a movie (I'm tempted to pop some popcorn, but am being reminded that I just ate a WHOPPER and FRENCH FRIES! So, maybe that "temptation" will go away!).
So, I posted a comment on another blog this evening...I'm not sure where this came from, but I kind of like what I wrote, so am deciding to post a portion of my comment here. I really do NOT understand how people can be so brutally unkind, purposefully cruel to people who are strangers beyond what is written on their blogs. The whole "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule apparently does not apply to blogs. It really is interesting, but sad at the same time. I do wonder if there are psychologists out there who study "blogging" and "bloggers"...I wonder if I could make any money if I suggested the idea to someone and THEY made a lot of money with the research they found?! Would they share?!
"...For some reason, not everyone seems to understand that a blog is just a glimpse into the life of the person who writes it. You write about what you are moved to write...even if you have had a FANTASTIC day, sometimes one REALLY annoying thing happened and that is what you write about because maybe you are trying to figure out where the lesson was in that experience (or, you just need to vent so you can then try and forget it happened!). What is written at one particular time of a certain day does not define that day, nor does it fully represent who you are as a person. That's just how it is.
There are a lot of things I don't understand about the way common courtesy (and the ability to quietly and politely "agree to disagree") goes out the window when it comes to blogging...I wonder if there is anyone out there doing research on this?! (Definitely not me, but it has me curious!)..."
Alrighty, enough thinking for today. Good night!
Edited to add...guess who got her $600 "check" from the government today?!...yep, that would be me! Thank goodness for that low "last two digits" of my SS# :o) Now I can pay off the windows I thought I could afford last summer since I no longer had a car payment!
1 comment:
Hey Girl,
I completely agree with your comment you left tonight about unkind bloggers. It makes my skin crawl to read those comments in the middle of someones grief and they are always anonymous!! What is more frustrating and sad is that it opens up the persons blog to become an attack forum, in defense of the blog owner of course, but it totally takes the encouragement and turns it around for harm. Can you imagine how the owner feels to have to sift through all of that when their heart is hurting? It makes me mad that people use blogs as a way to be nasty and hide behind a wall at the same time. These people need to be SMACKED UPSIDE THE HEAD big time. Can you tell that it irritates me? Have a great day today and have some fun too:)
Love you, Laurie in Ca.
Post a Comment