Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chilling Out

Work was good today, even though it was my student's last day. She is excited to graduate, but sad to leave my floor. She is going to be an AWESOME nurse!

Today they made some small, but very important "baby steps" with "the baby" today. I hope he tolerates them! One thing they did was take him off dialysis...so, tonight we are especially "praying for pee" :o) (I'm thinking I've actually prayed for that before for at least one other patient of mine!).

The temperature here has been SO crazy! It was pretty warm earlier this week, but yesterday and today it has dipped to the 30s and 40s! I don't really want to turn on my heat if it is going to get warm again, so my house is pretty chilly! So, since I got home from work, I literally have been "chilling out"! I read my blogs, checked my email, ate some frozen pizza rolls (made in the microwave...not so good, but it was food!), and watched "The Wedding Singer" on VH1. I also made myself a chocolate shake which didn't help the "chill factor", but it was yummy. I almost fell asleep on the couch, but decided my warm bed would be more comfortable (and that I should type a little bit before going to bed!).

So, I'm going to grab an extra blanket and head to bed. I have the next three days off, but have some paperwork I need to get done before Tuesday, so will have to try and limit my "chilling out" to AFTER I get my stuff done!

Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails