Well, at least I can document what happened to at least ONE of my days off! It does not feel like I get four days off a week, but hard to explain what happens to them all! (At least I have this journal so I can go back and see how I have spent my days...of course SOME of them are spent doing absolutely nothing when I could have been productive, but a lot of them are like today!).
I did sleep in (so, that's where PARTS of all my days off go...to sleep!) before going to Curves. I got there around 10:00, so I didn't sleep THAT late. One of the ladies I am friends with was there at the same time as me. We hadn't "chatted" in a couple weeks, so she wanted to know if I wanted to get a drink after we were done working out (Diet Coke for her, coffee for me...no alcohol in the morning!). I hesitated because I had a lot of stuff I wanted to do, but she said "just fifteen minutes". I laughed and said "do you REALLY think we could limit our chatting to fifteen minutes?!" But, I set the alarm on my phone and we did it...and it was fun to catch up.
I had to stop by the grocery store on the way home to get a few things for the dinner I was cooking. So, it was after 11:30 when I made it back home. I had a class at the hospital from 1-3:30 and wanted to drop something off before that, so was planning to leave by 12:30. Of COURSE that didn't happen once I showered, ate some cereal, and did a few things on the computer (gotta take time to check the blogs and emails!).
I had my class until 3:30 then had to walk a couple blocks to the College of Nursing so I could drop off the evaluation I had to do on my student. It was about 4:00 when I got home. Since I had "thrown out" 5:00 as a good time to pick up my friend to go shopping/have dinner, I didn't have a whole lot of time to do much. I did send an email to my boss about an issue (which took about fifteen minutes since I wanted to make sure it sounded okay). I put the chicken in a marinate. I made the dressing for my mom's oriental salad recipe. I cleared off and set the table, and made some juice. By then, it was time to pick up my friend.
We went to my favorite place to buy clothes, and I was happy that she was able to find some items that worked for her. They are having a "big sale" on Sunday, so we put most of it on hold until then. It was nearly 7:00 when we got back to my house. Luckily, the menu I had selected didn't take very long to make, so we started eating our salads before 7:30 :o) I think I got her back to the hospital around 8:30/8:45. I had to get her back to her baby! She is encouraged by the progress he is making, but it is a slow process and she knows they are going to be here for a while.
I stopped by mom and dad's on my way home from the hospital since my mom is going to pick up our stuff at Fashion Bug on Sunday and I had to bring her the coupon and my credit card. I was going to leave quickly, but they hadn't eaten dinner yet, so I stayed for a glass of wine and some visiting. It was after 9:30 by the time I left.
So, I've been home for a little over 2 hours since then and checked my email, watched "Medium", and started typing this. Now that it is nearly midnight, I don't feel like doing my foster parent homework, even though it is due tomorrow.
So, I start all over tomorrow...this is SO crazy to be this busy WHEN I DON'T EVEN HAVE KIDS (or a boyfriend or a husband or any nieces or nephews)! I should start a "to do" list for tomorrow...definitely need to do my homework, really need to mow, probably should run since the race is in five days, want to return a phone call from a good friend who called me maybe Saturday...that sounds like enough :o) Oh, we are having a pot luck as part of the last foster parent class and I haven't decided what I am going to bring, so I'll probably have to go to the grocery store sometime too.
I'm tired already just thinking about tomorrow! Oh well, at least I have a nice cozy bed waiting for me (I turned the heat on so my friend wouldn't freeze, but I turned it back off so it is starting to get cool again!). And, at least I am blessed to be able to do all those things! Having days off in the middle of the week is really nice :o) Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment