That's how long I ran this afternoon. I'm a pretty slow runner, so that probably was around two miles. A 10K is 6.2 miles, so I have a ways to go before I'm ready for the "Big Race" (the Life-a-Thon on May 3)! Day one of my "training" is in the books, though, so that is good!
My parents cooked a yummy dinner, and my sister and brother-in-law brought their two dogs (so I got to meet the new one they got on Friday).
I went to a play at my high school. They did "Get Smart". It was pretty good (they did a really good job performing, but it wasn't THAT exciting of a show). They had fortune cookies on the table. Even though I wouldn't say I "believe" fortunes anymore than I "believe" horoscopes, mine was pretty good. It says "Watch for a new relationship to develop within the month." Interesting, eh?! (Although, that sounds like something that could be true for anyone in any given month...I meet new people ALL the time!!).
Not much else since my last post. Back to work tomorrow. I should probably go to bed...that fresh air made me kind of tired! Good night from mom and dad's...I have NO clue when I'll be getting my computer back at my house. I don't think it got shipped until Tuesday, so "worst case scenario" they received it on Friday. That means it could be tomorrow before they even look at it, so I'm not getting my hopes up that it will be back any time this week.
________________
Today's "Quote of the Day"--I used to try and take things in leaps and bounds. Now I've realized it's got to be step by step. ~Tommy Bolin
1 comment:
Still checking in! Hope your computer gets back to you soon. And way to go with running! You'll reach your goal. And there's something about the day of the event that makes you go the distance no matter what. I don't run (unless someone is chasing me) but I ride a bike and if I undertrain, I still manage to finish because the event day is just so exciting. Particularly when you're riding/running for a cause.
Keep doing the great work you do and, again, fingers crossed that you're online at home again soon.
Post a Comment