Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

To do list...Done!

Wow, I actually did everything on the "to do" list I wrote last night! I even got to sleep in and STILL accomplished my goals! I'm thinking I need to start doing that more often so I use my days off more productively (and maybe I will have a more organized home as a result!).

After I got up (sometime close to 10 if I remember correctly...it's been a long day!) I had a bowl of cereal before heading out to run. I was out on the trail by 11 and started running. I ran for nearly an hour (56 minutes). I possibly could have run further, but on my "outbound" part I ended up in an area that didn't look that great. I was still on the trail, but I passed a scrap yard and felt like I was in the middle of nowhere and hadn't seen anyone for a while, so I turned around (and, once I was near my starting spot I stopped to walk instead of continue run). Even though I have yet to run an entire 10K, I am convinced I can do it on Saturday (although I'm hearing a forecast of rain...that will NOT be nearly as fun!). From what I hear from people who run half-marathons, it is mind over matter, and my mind will tell me I have to run the 10K for the cause, for all "my" kids, for organ donors and recipients everywhere. Anyway, my goal was to run for an hour today and I am content with how it went.

When I got home, I made coffee and got to work on my foster parent homework. I had to take a break after an hour and half or so and mowed my lawn during that break. I did more homework and made my stuff for the pot luck after that. I took a nice long bath and finished my homework just as my spinach-artichoke dip was done in the oven and it was time to leave. (Oh, I had to leave a message for my friend, but at least I called her back! And, I didn't have to go to the grocery store because I had everything for the dip and the mini cheesecakes I made.)

So, I'm done with my foster parent classes! The next step is the home study which takes place in three visits. That part of the process could be done as early as the end of May. I suppose I have until then to get my home a little more organized, although they say they won't be performing a "white glove test". I'm pretty sure that I'm not ready to take on my own foster child(ren) right away, but do have enough days off a week that I should be able to help other foster parents get a break. I need to find someone to work for me a couple days in late May/early June so I can take care of my friend's foster daughter for a long weekend.

Now that I am done with the foster parent classes, I can start focusing a little more on my hospital committees. There is quite a bit of "outside work" that is necessary in order to do a good job. I would like to create some posters or another type of visual to get people excited :o) Creativity is not my strong point, so I may need to enlist help from an artistic co-worker (or find some cool stuff on-line to help me).

I'm kind of tired after all that "outdoors" stuff (running and mowing the lawn!). I did take a picture of my "four tulips", but will have to upload it another day. I still have a lot of sticks and leaves in my garden areas, but we have still been having "near freezing" temperatures, so the plants are going to have to be pretty hearty even if I did clear out their area!

Alrighty...it's early, but I'm thinking I could go to bed anyway! I work tomorrow (without a "helper!"). Sleep is good :o) Good night!

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Good for you on completing your "To do" list. I need to do this too. It really does work and feel good to check things off as they are done. I need to mow my lawn too. You are one busy girl and I have to tell you that you are doing so good. Have a wonderful day.

Laurie in Ca.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails