- I called my Dad's mom during lunch and she answered the phone "Happy Valentine's Day! I mean, Thanksgiving!" I may get to join her for lunch next week. I saw my mom's parents last night. I'm so thankful for my grandparents' health and that they all live close.
- When I called my aunt and uncle's house where my family was celebrating Thanksgiving, I got to talk to my sister. I'm thankful for her and that she lives close by too! I'm thankful for my nephew (and my nephew to be) and that I get to watch them grow up.
- I'm thankful for my parents who brought the yummy leftovers (stuffing, potatoes, and turkey as well as two desserts) from my aunt and uncle's to me on their way home so I had dinner after work.
- I'm thankful for my co-workers to arranged to have a Thanksgiving lunch catered in...it wasn't QUITE the same, but it was nice to have all the "fixings". My "holiday team" is a fun one and we were like a family today :) I'm also thankful that we didn't have REALLY sick patients so we were all able to eat together at a "normal" lunch time.
- I'm thankful to have the opportunity to bless people in a time that, bluntly put, is pretty crappy. No one really wants to work on Thanksgiving, but NO ONE wants to be in the hospital on Thanksgiving (or any day for that matter, except for maybe to have a baby or something...) So, we all made the best of a situation that could have been crummy and have as much fun as possible :)
- I'm thankful for my friends near and far (for those who live in the computer and those who don't ;) ) who encourage me, challenge me, support me, give me advice, listen to me whine, put things into perspective, and so much more. God really has put some AMAZING people in my life and I am truly grateful for that blessing.
- There are many more things that I am thankful for, but right now, I am thinking about my warm bed and soft pillow and it's time to go to sleep.
Happy Thanksgiving :)
No comments:
Post a Comment