I went to church and keep thinking of ideas for what I want my "One Word" for 2012 to be. While I never 100% committed to the word "trust" in an actual post in 2011, that was the word I chose. I had lots of different words pop into my head during church, so will have to write them down and do some thinking.
After church, I ate a quick lunch and then picked up the girls to go to a hockey game--our first one together (I've actually only been to three or four). I knew the teen was coming, but wasn't going to believe the little one was coming too until I put her in my car and we were on our way. I haven't seen the little one since we went to the pumpkin patch on October 21, so I was really hoping she would join us! So, I was VERY excited to see her come through the front door (wearing the cute coat and hat I bought her as well as one of the outfits I purchased before she left...very cool!)
Unfortunately, she gave me the silent treatment until we got to the arena and it still took her a little while to warm up to her "usual self". She also acted all shy and wouldn't talk to me when I dropped her off, so I'm not sure what that's all about, but it is what it is. Hockey is pretty exciting and we had really good seats (especially since they came to us free from the foster agency!) The teen appeared to enjoy herself and the little one actually watched quite a bit of it too :) It was a college game and it ended in a tie, but we were mostly there for the experience anyway. The little one asked me twice to get her BK for dinner, but I decided that "no" was the best answer considering we got popcorn and sprite at the game (plus fruit snacks and a little candy cane). I do remember that she has three brothers too who have feelings and her coming home with BK after going to a hockey game just isn't really "fair". She did say she wanted to sleep in her Tinkerbell bed, so I talked to her mom about coming to a show and maybe about staying the night some time. Their mom looked pretty "rough", so I need to try to make a point to check in a little more frequently to see if she needs a "break". I seriously don't understand how/why she makes the decisions she does, but I guess it isn't my "job" to understand...I was just put here to make sure the kids are "ok".
Here are some "pics" from our hockey outing.
(I did take one picture of the teen, but it's of her face.)
Another reason I opted out of the BK for dinner was that my family was getting together for "family dinner" at my mom and dad's (the second Sunday in a row...we used to do it nearly every Sunday!) So, I would have had to go through the drive-thru and let them eat in the car or have it at home. What a pleasant surprise to see that my mom put up their Christmas tree! There were a couple of years we didn't get a tree put up there and a couple years I didn't get a tree up at my house (I may get mine up super late this year, but I am determined to not be a "Scrooge"!) My nephew had fun helping put the ornaments on the tree (it's a "pre-lit" one that is kind of cheating, but it does look cool!) He is almost 2 1/2 now and talks a lot which is really fun. It's also funny that he likes to repeat everything (not so funny if you happen to say something 2 1/2 year olds shouldn't say, but that doesn't happen often!)
Good night.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to see BOTH the girls today, and hope that L can get back to her normal self with you soon.
I can't believe how big A is!!!! Oh my goodness!!! Enjoy your busy week friend.
Post a Comment