I started off the day by buying a new television for my living room. The one I have is fine with me, but it is tiny and apparently other people like to look at bigger TV's ;) So, I bought a 50 inch plasma and am paying to have them install it. I spent a lot more money than I was anticipating considering the TV was on super sale because it costs a lot for them to mount it, but at least it is guaranteed, so you get what you pay for. Then, I went to Kohl's and think I've nearly bought all the gifts I'm going to buy this year :) When I got home, I filled a couple more bags of leaves since it was a nice day and they pick up trash tomorrow.
Then, I put up my Christmas tree. I have the lights on, but no ornaments. My love seat is now in the middle of the room since I'm not sure where to put it and my new TV won't be delivered until the 13th, so this may be where it is for a while ;) Maybe tomorrow I'll put up some more decorations, but can't do everything since I don't know where the furniture will be and I have to move the piano for the install.
My brother-in-law is an IT guy and he told me what to buy so I could make my computer a 4GB instead of a 2GB and now it works a lot faster! He also showed me how to do this thing called "spaces" or something to where you can have four different screens of things you are working on and just switch back and forth rather than "minimize"...as if I didn't already spend too much time on the computer ;)
When I got home from my sister and brother-in-laws, I worked on the second memory book for the little one. $hutterfly has a deal until the 30th, so it would be nice to get it done. I wish I knew if there would be another sale, though, so I could include pictures from when she comes to a show with me on the 9th, but those pictures can just go in the next one I guess :) I called her mom and we talked for a little over 30 minutes. I played into her narcissism, but really did want to remind her to take care of herself since her kids "need" her. She has her priorities out of whack in my opinion, but she assured me that she is "trying to get back on track". The girls have been home nearly 2 months and the boys over 2 months and she still isn't on track...at least the kids looked good when I saw them yesterday, so that's a positive.
Well, that's a lot for a "nearly forgotten" post, but now it's time to go to bed (after I get the rest of the trash to the curb...almost forgot that too and no way will I get up by 6 to put it out there!)
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment