I'm pretty sure that when her mom called yesterday, she gave her a "talking to", but if I had to guess, I'd say she probably won't call again. She tends to get caught up in her own little world and apparently she trusts me, so that's good.
Last night, we ended up going to a 9:40 movie even though I had to work this morning (I thought the "fall back" would help, but not really when you go to bed 2 hours after you usually do!) We picked up one of her friends and she had invited another friend to come. She was really vague about this "other friend", but I was able to get her to tell me all about him. Apparently, she met him online via facebook and twitter and has talked to him that way (and maybe via text/telephone?) I'm not sure why she was afraid to tell me because...hello...Ginger, Tammy, Alece, etc...she's totally my daughter ;) An even more funny part of the story is that this "kid" accidentally called my house and left a message for one of his relatives about his amazing football game back in August (he was the Senior quarterback at his tiny Christian school). Apparently, she hasn't told him that connection, but did share it with me. It still makes me giggle that she didn't want to tell me she met him online...seriously, I don't think you're weird, sweetheart ;)
It definitely didn't feel like an extra hour of sleep last night, but at least it was a good day at work (busy, but not bad). Thankfully I don't use my cell phone for my alarm because for some reason my $print phone decided to "fall back" TWO hours instead of one...not cool!
I called to check in with the teen a couple of times while I was at work. She did homework until watching "her" football team play and let me know that she slept okay (and found something to eat for lunch). I called her while I was walking to my car after my shift and asked if she had eaten dinner. She told me yes but that there was some left. I thought that was really sweet that she made enough of whatever for me.
And then I came home to this:
She had found my mom's pancake recipe and had the syrup all warmed up in that coffee cup. She had me make the eggs since she didn't know how I wanted them and then we had dinner together (complete with chocolate milk like we had nearly every night when she and her sister lived here). We had a nice visit during dinner, then she rinsed the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher as was always our routine. She is now in her room doing homework.
Even though it will be a busy week, I am looking forward to soaking up every minute I can. She is such a sweet girl and I am so blessed to still have her in my life.
Good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment