Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, September 1, 2008

Plucking Away

I would have to call today a pretty productive day even though I did quite a bit of "hanging out" too. I got my lawn mowed (the parts of it that are still green and growing anyway) and watered most of it. My dad told me that the weeds around my tree ring actually look pretty nice since they are all the same size. My mom didn't quite agree with that, but I told her that I am not going to be taking care of any flowers, so may as well let something grow (anyway, a "weed" is just a "plant you don't want" according to my dad...I like that definition, so grow away!)

I had my parents come help me switch the beds in my bedrooms. I bought a new bed last winter and put it in the guest room instead of replacing the old, smaller size bed in my room. I finally decided that it was silly to have a nicer bed just sitting there in the guest room. I also am wondering why I picked out a double-sided pillow top bed that makes it 31 inches off the ground. Being less than 60 inches myself, it is quite a jump up there, and I am hoping I don't fall out of bed because that would definitely hurt. So, no crazy dreams or emergency potty breaks in the middle of the night please!

After lunch with my dad and grandparents, I managed to do a few more "chores" around the house. I washed the curtains (I did the sheets earlier) and did a little dusting. I also washed a couple windows. I baked some snickerdoodles as part of the thank-you to the electrician who helped me after the June storm.

Tomorrow I have more "little chores" to do, but am also contemplating starting another painting project (I must have blocked out my last painting experience already!). I also need to clean the bathroom since that never got done after I got distracted with the "caulking project".

All in all, a fun and productive three day weekend...mine continues tomorrow, so make that a FOUR day weekend :o)

Continued prayers for the baby who remains pretty sick, for little miss "E" who hopefully will get out of the hospital this week, all others who are already in my thoughts and prayers, and also for all those affected by the storms. I cannot even imagine what they are going through. I saw the destruction that occurred here in June and we don't have water to go along with the strong winds.

Well, I suppose I should package the cookies and then head to bed. My dad called it the "Princess and the Pea" bed, but hopefully I sleep better than that (I'm not a princess, so I should, right?!) Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails