Which, this week seems to be songs and reminiscing... Plus, I am really tired and should be headed to bed, so this is an "easy" post (and one that doesn't force me to do any "soul-searching" about what's really going on with me...save that for another day!)
This would be another song from my "iPod". It also reminds me of high school. (As "you" may have noticed, I have many fond memories of high school!) I actually think this one is a mostly a sophomore or junior year memory. We used to take turns leading prayers in religion class. The teacher couldn't REALLY tell us to keep our prayers short, so often people would pick a song to play (that also meant that we were allowed to close our eyes and get comfy while we listened!) Nothing like getting out of doing work (or catching a short nap) any way you can! Anyway, LOTS of people chose to play this song sung by Alabama.
Angels Among Us
I was walking home from school on a cold winter day.
Took a shortcut through the woods, and I lost my way.
It was getting late, and I was scared and alone.
But then a kind old man took my hand and led me home.
Mama couldn't see him, but he was standing there.
And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers.
Chorus:
Oh I believe there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours.
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give.
To guide us with a light of love.
When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees.
There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me.
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand.
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand.
And ain't it kind of funny that at the dark end of the road.
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope.
Chorus
They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places.
To guide us with their mercy, in our time of need.
Chorus
To guide us with a light of love.
Oh how I have been blessed with SO many "angels" in this life. So many friends who know exactly what to say, or allow me to ramble on and on and on even when it is about nothing at all... Strangers who have lifted me up in prayer on the tough days or gave me that smile I needed to make it through the day. There is SO much more I could write about this, but I am not getting any less tired :o)
Good night (possibly a post without a song tomorrow...possibly yes, possibly no!)
No comments:
Post a Comment