***Update Below***
I received a call this afternoon from work to see if I could work "bonus" tomorrow or Thursday. Apparently, both of the pregnant girls on my floor went into labor this morning, even though neither were due for a week or two. Crazy! Anyway, I said "no" for tomorrow since I have my "Ladies Night" planned. However, Thursday will work and that will be great $$$!
For whatever reason, I like to keep my parents informed of my activities/work schedule. So, after I did a few things around the house I called my mom at work. I let her know that I would be working on Thursday, but turned down tomorrow. She said "well good thing you didn't say yes to tomorrow since we have dinner plans". Um, what plans are YOU talking about? I know that I have plans...
Apparently, she had forgotten about my plans and decided that tomorrow would be THE night we would celebrate my dad's birthday at his favorite restaurant. Well, that day doesn't work for me, and we talked about that on Sunday... I said "what about tonight?" Well, my brother-in-law has class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so she asked when my next Wednesday off is...that would be the 24th which is a lot closer to my SISTER'S birthday...and that just will not work, right?!
My voice quivered as I fought back the tears as I said "well, then I guess you will have to decide if you go without him or go without me"... Seems like a "no-brainer" to me considering whose birthday we are celebrating, but she said she would call me back...
That was over three hours ago and I haven't heard anything. I'm afraid to call and see what they decided because I'm thinking the answer will bring me to tears.
Well, I suppose I should continue to try and be productive as I wait.
***5:40 update...I decided the night wasn't getting any younger, so I called my dad to see what he was doing. His response was that he was waiting for my mom to bring him some fast food tacos (his favorite restaurant is Mexican) . No dinner tonight AND no dinner tomorrow night. They decided we should pick a day that all FIVE of us could go. Whew, I have too much to do to spend the rest of the night bawling my eyes out in self-pity...time to get to work (and, I guess I need to figure out what to eat for dinner!)***
1 comment:
Hey Girl,
Praying for you and glad you got this all worked out. Families can get complicated sometimes. Just remember that you are an adult and you do have a life:) Hope your day is a blessed one!!
Love, Laurie in Ca.
Post a Comment