Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thumb Twiddling

Is a GREAT new skill I have learned! It is SO awful to write these words, because I'm sure there will come a day soon that I will wish I was practicing it, but that was my day today. Either I am REALLY good at handling patient assignments these days, or I've lucked out with easy ones the past few days. I PROMISE I am not complaining (remember, sometimes , I am just "hard to please!"). It is GREAT to take care of patients who are getting better, and AWESOME to take care of kids whose parents are there to help take care of them. And, I suppose if more than one out of the three of my patients had parents who learned English first, then I would have found more ways to occupy my time by "chatting" with the moms.


As it turned out, the most bored nurse of the day also got out the latest. Kind of stinky, but that's how it goes sometimes.


When I got off, I had a text message from my sister (and a voice mail). She was "reminding me" that she was going out for her birthday tonight. I'm pretty sure that was the first I'd heard of any "partying" going on, but I quickly went home and changed and me them there. It was a really fun time! I guess I did go out for "ladies night" less than two weeks ago, but it felt like it had been a while since I went and hung out.






Cousins


Sisters
They were going to go out after we left that place, but I headed home. I called a couple of my friends during the drive home, but got voicemails. Two of them ended up calling me back and it was fun talking to my friends (especially since I am just SURE they were laughing at me in my slightly inebriated state). We discussed my California vacation plans, so they were VERY productive conversations! I am getting really excited about that, especially since it is less than a month away now.

Well, it is after midnight and I have to look presentable before 8:30, so I should head to bed. Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails