I slept in this morning, and then took quite a long nap this afternoon. I'm still feeling pretty sleepy, but MUCH better! I was either sleeping or not at home for most of the day, so didn't have time for tears, or to even think about them really.
My dad and I went to the Zoo. It was a BEAUTIFUL day (a little warm for the long-sleeves my dad and I decided to wear, but we survived!). He had been wanting to go for a long time, especially since they got a new butterfly exhibit this spring. It never worked out this summer, but both of us were off today, so we went. We visited quite a few exhibits/animals neither of us had seen in a while, so it was really fun. After the zoo, we went and had lunch. He also helped me with one of my light fixtures (gotta love dads!) What a great time!
I did do a couple loads of laundry and ran the dishwasher, but most of the afternoon was spent sleeping on the couch. So, the house is still a wreck, but at least I was not an emotional one today!
I went to a dinner meeting that was really interesting (and neat to be around a different group of people).
I signed up to work a bonus shift tomorrow. I am not sure if I will be needed or not. On one hand, it would be great to make that extra money that will help with my vacation and other expenses. On the other hand, it would be great to have another day to recover, and spend some time on my house, running errands, and sending cards. So, either way will be fine and I'll be ready to go with whatever happens when either the alarm goes off or the phone rings at 5:30!
Yay for a better day! Good night.
1 comment:
i am on the phone with u as i type this...(yes, i am weird)
Post a Comment