That is how I spent most of my day off. I had "high hopes" for today, especially since I work the next two days. However, seeing as I was awake twenty some hours yesterday, I was NOT ready to get up early today and get to work. The baby's mom did call me around 10:15 and aroused me from a deep sleep. We talked for about 10 minutes, but then I slept for over an hour longer. So, I hardly saw the morning, and needed a pot of coffee before I could start my day.
My mom picked me up a little after 1:00 so we could get ready for our 2:00 fashion show. We have done this together at least two times before and it is fun (plus, you get 40% off everything if you participate!). Unfortunately, we didn't do a great job of getting ourselves ready for the camera, and asked a 12-year-old model to photograph us. My mom DID fix her sweater for the "runway" and I got rid of that tag and made it so my cami wasn't showing! It was fun to get dressed up and walk on the red carpet (although, it is a little nerve-wracking for those fifteen seconds where all eyes are on you!).
After the show, we ran some errands and got lunch. I didn't get home until after 4:00. Then, I went to church at 5. I ran some errands of my own, then I HAD to sit on my couch for a little while after all that! I managed to finish painting the hallway, but that was pretty much it for the day. My living room is a DISASTER, but now it will have to wait until at LEAST Monday night since I am going to a party after work tomorrow. Oh well, I guess it has gone this long, so what's a couple more days?! I am glad the painting is done, though, so at least that mess can be cleaned up as well.
I was a bit emotional for a while today too, so I am hoping that doesn't spill into work tomorrow. I have managed to keep the tears away at work for a while and would like that to continue!
Good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment