I was very glad to be back to doing what I know how to do :o) When I walked into the report room this morning, it was to the sound of "Are you going to take your favorite patient today?!" Now, I do have a couple "favorites", but not many that I would put up a fight for. So, I was a tiny bit confused (but then quickly figured out that it was more of a "cover" for the other nurses not wanting to have that patient instead of being generous and saving "my" patients for me!). Oh well, I do happen to like that family, and hadn't been able to take care of that particular patient for a couple weeks. I also was able to "choose" my other patient, who happened to be one I hadn't taken care of during any of the most recent admissions, but did quite a bit right after transplant.
Anyway, I definitely was "feeling the love" when both sets of parents seemed very excited to have me as their nurse. :o) They had been wondering if I would EVER take care of their child again! Well, today was the day, and hopefully I was worth waiting for! (Just kidding!)
It actually was kind of boring having those patients because their parents do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING for them. Neither child was ever alone, and they even gave meds and did dressing changes. Not too much work left for the nurse, but I guess that is okay sometimes :o) It actually was a pretty quiet day on "my side" (usually the weekends are). We were "baby-sitting" a few kids whose parents did not come during the shift for one reason or another, but even that didn't make it too busy. We listened to "the football game", did quite a bit of socializing, and I'm not sure how many times I checked my email.
I stopped by Burger King on my way home to get some terribly unhealthy food to stuff my face with (but BOY was it good!). I parked myself on my couch with the television and my computer where I guess I will stay until my eyes start to close and I decided it is time for bed!
Although not many people visit my blog, I at least want to post that I am praying for Kenzie, baby Faith, and their family. Their sweet baby boy Maddox went to Heaven in January, and apparently baby Faith was getting excited to meet her amazing family (but now knows that she should wait a little longer until she is bigger and stronger!). Prayers that Faith will continue to grow and thrive inside, and for all the Stanfields to "feel the love" as well. The verse they are praying is: "Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised."- Romans 4:20
Kenzie also posted this verse, which is beautiful as well--"For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."- Romans 8:24-25
And the "Quote of the Day" for today on my blog was "Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it." Irving Berlin. So, faith, hope, and attitude..."feeling the love" in the good times and the tough times.
My church festival is tomorrow and I am VERY excited!! It was raining on my way home from work, but hopefully tomorrow ends up being a nice day. Time to get ready for bed. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment