On Sunday, I decided to organize a "Ladies' Night" for dinner tonight. On Wednesdays, this fondue place does a special where you can pick two cheeses, two chocolates, and two drinks for $22 for "the ladies". I have been a couple times and it is fun. So, I got on my facebook and sent invites to some girls from high school, a work friend, and my sister. It ended up not being a good night for most of them, but six of us were able to go (my sister, my cousin, two friends from high school, one of her friends, and myself). It was a really good mix of people, and we had good conversation even though we were a pretty "random" group! Sometimes it is hard in a group if you have someone who likes to monopolize the conversation, or if you have too many quiet people or too many talkers. I think everyone got "their turn" and we managed to find common things to discuss. I call that a successful social engagement--yay me! (If I had started writing this earlier, I would have written a little bit of my history with social gatherings growing up, but that will have to wait!)
I met my mom at my favorite clothing store during her lunch hour. We are going to be in a fashion show on Saturday and picked our outfits today. That was fun, and we will get to purchase them at a discounted price after the show. We have done it before, and it isn't a fancy store, so it is a very laid back fashion show!
I finished painting the second coat on my front door. I still need to roll the second coat on my hallway, but didn't think I had time after dinner before it was time to go to bed (although, now it is nearly 11:00, so I probably had PLENTY of time!). My hallway has NINE, count them NINE doorways, so it could have been a test of patience with the paint brush. I believe I passed the test (and only a few little "oopses" on the ceiling...if only I were a couple inches taller I would not have had to stand on my tip toes to reach it!) I will have to see what it looks like when it is finished to say if I like it or not.
Well, back to work tomorrow. Yesterday my hospital rolled out a new documentation system. So, tomorrow will be my first day to use it. It should be okay, but VERY different than what I am used to.
Good night!
By the way, on Saturday I posted prayer requests for Kenzie and baby Faith and their family. Their blog has been shut down for some reason, but if you want to send an email, it is kenzie.stanfield@yahoo.com, or post a comment for her on Mary Grace/Kim's blog. Thanks!
1 comment:
Hey,
Did I miss something here? You are back to painting in your house again along with everything else you do:) I know you will be happy with it when it is done. Fresh paint does wonders for the soul. Your girls night out sounds like you had the perfect amount of people. Too many can get exhausting. I am glad you had a good time. You have earned it. Have a great day.
Laurie in Ca.
PS. I am afraid that maybe Kenzie's blog was hacked again. Remember her mentioning it happening three weeks ago? I am praying big time for the stress this must be adding to her right now. Okay, Bye.
Post a Comment