Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Still on Vacation

I had today off, but am not sure where exactly the day went! My sleep schedule is kind of off and I really need to start getting back to my work sleep schedule or Friday and Saturday are going to be ROUGH! Again I didn't get up until nearly 10, but I DID go work out. Come to find out that the sensors on the ab machine at Curves were off a little which explains why I feel like I did a million crunches (oh well, I suppose a little extra abdominal workout never hurt anyone!)


I asked my friend if she wanted to go to lunch, so I could borrow the baby for a picture (not this one...that one is part of the "details" I needed to have for the project I hinted at yesterday). I ALSO hadn't seen her in a while. Her girls went back home last week so they could start getting ready for school. He slept until I started messing with him to take the picture. This is when he was starting to wake up and not quite sure what was going on. He is getting SO big! (I HAD to buy an outfit for him when I was at Kohl's yesterday and went for an 18-month since he has nearly outgrown 12-month stuff already!) We ended up having a 2 hour lunch (gotta love Chatty Cathy's!), so that shortened the amount of time I was at home today.

I had to go to the doctor to have them fill out a medical release for my foster parent application. Of COURSE they couldn't use my physical from June so I had to pay another co-pay...oh well. I still have quite a few things to fill out before my appointment tomorrow afternoon (I also have to clean my house again...somehow everything exploded everywhere between last Tuesday when she left and today!)

I went to a dinner meeting this evening with a speaker. He talked about compassion fatigue, burnout, and taking care of yourself when you are a care provider. It was really interesting, and I was happy to know that I currently have a pretty good system in place to protect myself from burnout (although I will probably ALWAYS be at risk for "compassion fatigue"!).

I talked to one of my friends on the phone for the first time in a LONG time which was great! I am making plans to go visit her in October around my birthday.

Well, I have to lead my monthly meeting in the morning. We will probably end up having some heated discussions, so I should probably rest up for that!

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails