We ended up being there a lot longer than expected because her teacher was late getting there! They were going to spend some time in California before heading back to Japan. I didn't spend a WHOLE lot of time with her, but my dad said she was fun. They have hosted quite a few students, and she was one of their favorites. My parents are cool and gave her a really good experience. My sister took her to the zoo. She saw a couple softball games, went to church, toured a high school, went shopping, ate at a couple restaurants... She ate corn on the cob, barbecue chicken, French toast, grilled cheese, and some other "typical" American food and seemed to enjoy that. It is always fun to share those kinds of experiences we usually take for granted.
After my dad brought me home from the airport, I managed to do pretty much nothing the rest of the day other than checking and sending emails. I took a nap before meeting a friend at The Melting Pot. She and some of her co-workers were going for "Ladies' Night" and since I was off, I was able to go. It was yummy as expected :o)
I was planning to go visit my friend at her house after that, but her "pregnant brain" (her words, not mine!) forgot that she had shopping plans with her mother-in-law. So, I met them at Kohl's and kept her almost 2-year-old busy for a little while when they shopped (he only ran away one time, but that was when all THREE of us were around!). I hadn't seen her since she told me she was pregnant, so it was great to finally connect. The baby is due in March, so that is very exciting
I made it home in time to watch more of the Olympics. They have been SO fun to watch so far, and there are lots of days left! Tomorrow I get to go to the hospital for an 8 hour computer training. I am VERY excited about that...ha ha! It shouldn't be TOO bad, I guess, and I will have to pay attention because we are changing the way we document everything the second week in September.
Well, back to the Games. Another late night, but it is worth it!
I made it home in time to watch more of the Olympics. They have been SO fun to watch so far, and there are lots of days left! Tomorrow I get to go to the hospital for an 8 hour computer training. I am VERY excited about that...ha ha! It shouldn't be TOO bad, I guess, and I will have to pay attention because we are changing the way we document everything the second week in September.
Well, back to the Games. Another late night, but it is worth it!

No comments:
Post a Comment