Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Little Competition

Today we finally had the softball game we have been talking about for what seems like FOREVER! After postponing it a few times, I wasn't sure we were going to actually do it, but I'm SO glad we did! My family is pretty darn competitive and ALL athletic...it was AWESOME!! My aunts all used to play softball and thought they were "old" now, but they still had their skills. We ended up in a tie, so it was PERFECT! I'm SO excited this worked out.




We had about 20 of us at church this morning which pretty much doubled the number of regular parishioners. It was GREAT! The Gospel reading was about the miracle of five loaves and two fish which was SO fitting considering we have been cooking for thirty the past few days (our food has seemed to multiply too...who is working the miracles here?!).


My family is on schedule for tonight's dinner, so I had better go see what I can do to help. Back home to "reality" tomorrow...we are planning to drive straight through (I'm thinking I will sleep since I don't have to read the map this time!).

So long from the wilderness.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails