So, my phone rang at 5:30 this morning. The night charge nurse said she would call if they needed me to work OR if they didn't. When I left last night, things were pretty slow, so I was surprised when she said they needed me to come. Since I typically don't get up until 6 (or a little after...I live very close to work and don't do much to get ready besides shower!) I went back to sleep. My phone rang about 20 minutes later. She asked if I was already dressed and ready (nope, not out of bed yet!) and had decided that I would not be needed right away, but would I remain "on call". I said sure, thinking that there was a good possibility I would be called in.
I slept for a while longer, but decided to get up and go to church with my parents. It was SO nice to be able to go to my church! Going with my parents was an added bonus (typically, if I am off, I go at a different time since I sing in the choir, but since I didn't know if I would be called out of church, I didn't want to be in the choir!). I had breakfast and visited with them after that and then headed home.
I couldn't really go TOO far since I was "on call", but that was a good excuse just to hang out and do nothing. I managed to do some laundry, but mostly just sat and watched TV (I actually watched a couple movies that were on...I caught most of "No Reservations" which I would recommend and some other silly movie that I was resting during, so didn't catch the whole thing). I never did get called in, so that means that of the 8 or 9 extra shifts I signed up for, I only got ONE! Oh well, nothing I can do about it, and most of the days I had good alternatives planned :o)
I had dinner with my parents, then we went for a walk (so, a Sunday spent with the parents...that is nice!). When I got home, I received a text message from one of my friends (the one with the baby whose hand is with mine at the top of the page). He was admitted to the PICU yesterday with some respiratory issues. Today he was placed on the ventilator due to pneumonia. She asked for prayers, so I am putting the request out there. Also, her nearly 5-year-old nephew was hit by a car on Friday. Today she didn't have any updates on him, but initially was critical but stable. The baby's sisters also start school tomorrow...most likely their first time without their mom there to see them off. Please keep all of them in your prayers.
Well, that's it...at least I got like $2/hr just sitting here all day...better than nothing I guess (although, maybe it is a little MORE than $2 since I will have overtime!).
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment