Well, it took a bit of effort and a couple headaches, but I actually feel like I accomplished something. My college roommate had her fourth baby in July. While I don't do a great job at keeping in touch with her (she does a great job especially considering she is married and raising a family and I am, well...) I felt like I should send a baby gift! I made a little scrapbook when she had her daughter in 2004, then one when she had her son in 2005. I hadn't done ANY scrapbooking at all since I made one for her daughter last year. So, I cheated a bit with this one and used some of my ideas from the last one. I made a few changes, but like the way it turned out. Of course, she is WAY more creative than I am, and I have no idea what she has done with the past three scrapbooks, but she is getting another one anyway :o) I am kind of proud of them, so made a little slide show. The pictures may be hard to see, but the idea is there.
This morning I did a blood donation for research. I believe this is the fifth time I have done it. It went pretty well because they weren't busy and people could take turns talking to me, plus I could watch the Today Show and Olympics. (The process entails a little over 3 1/2 hours of sitting in a recliner unable to move either arm since they have large needles in them. Luckily my little bladder behaved!) I went and visited my friend who works in a different department. I have been saying extra prayers for her since she has been going through some tough things. She seems to be doing pretty well right now which makes me happy. We considered going to lunch, but I didn't feel that great and she was really busy, so we will plan for another time.
After I got home, I watched TV for a couple hours, then took a couple hour nap. Even still, it is just now 10:00, but I am SO ready for bed! When I got up, I ate dinner and finished the scrapbook. Not too bad for a "day off"...today had a nice balance between relaxing and being productive...very good!
Back to work tomorrow. Yesterday was pretty crazy on my floor, so hopefully today was better, and tomorrow is EVEN better :o) Good night.



No comments:
Post a Comment