Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Quiet Day

I hesitate to use the word "boring" when it comes to my work, because there is ALWAYS something that could be found to do. And, a "quiet day" beats the alternative the majority of the time. I worked pretty darn hard on Wednesday, and yesterday had moments that I wouldn't want to repeat any time soon. So, a "boring day" was definitely appreciated! However, you can really only check your email so many times, especially when you don't really want to start responding because that is when you would get called to work.

Probably the coolest part of the day was some special visitors I got! I was sitting at the computer checking my facebook (I know, the computers are ONLY supposed to be used for work things...blah, blah, blah) and turned around when I heard a familiar voice. My sister and brother-in-law were there to see me! They were visiting a friend of hers who just had a baby and decided to stop by my floor to see if I was working. Neither had never been to my floor, so I showed them around a little bit. I thought it was SO sweet that they took the time to come visit (I actually have tears in my eyes thinking about it). I never would have known any different, and likely wouldn't have questioned why they didn't come see me when they were already at the hospital. They truly made an effort that was completely unexpected and I appreciate it so much. (Funny thing, though, I went and introduced them to two of our very talkative and outgoing patients...both of whom decided they were shy...go figure...gotta love kids!)

I signed up for another extra shift tomorrow, but it looks like they will not need me. We actually do not have that many patients right now. So, that kind of stinks since I definitely thought I would be working and that would have made for a VERY nice pay check! I will, however, be needed if someone calls in sick or if they get a bunch of patients overnight. So, I won't be able to stay up until the wee hours of the night (not that I would be able to do that anyway!). So, quiet day, but definitely a good one!

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails