Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, May 2, 2008

What month is it again?

The forecast for 7AM is 36 degrees with wind chill to be in the 20s (they are predicting that since it rained all day and will rain most of the night that it will be done by then)...I guess it is good the race doesn't start until 10! I'm not sure it will be TOO much warmer then, but I THINK I'd rather run when it is chilly instead of raining. Kind of a toss up, but I can bring "handwarmers" and wear gloves or mittens. Cold AND rainy just doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun...but, it is all about the "cause" (and the pancakes after the race!). Other than the weather possibly not cooperating, I really think I'm ready to go! I ran nearly 5 miles on Tuesday without any problems, so I should be able to go a little further with the extra motivation surrounding me.

I suppose getting some sleep wouldn't hurt before "the big race", so I should get to bed (it was after midnight before I fell asleep last night, so was not thrilled when the alarm went off at 5:30!). I think that lack of sleep affected today. A couple people were pretty rude to me this afternoon and it just messed up the rest of the day. I got REALLY crabby and had a hard time shaking that feeling. Luckily, I had a party to look forward to when I got off. The student I had invited me to her graduation party. I brought along the baby's mom/my friend (I think she may have been even more excited about the party than I was!). There was good (free!) food, and fun conversation (as always when she and I get together!). We may be "cooking up" some more fun for tomorrow night :o)

Okay, time to sleep! Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails