My hospital is celebrating "Nurses' Week" all week long, but today is the actual day. And a WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL day it was! (not just because it was a day to celebrate nurses!) The weather was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! (And now it is raining with forecast of thunderstorms, so that makes it perfect in my opinion...I LOVE thunderstorms at night!).
I didn't work out this morning (had to sleep in after staying up so late!), but I did get some exercise anyway. I went to the Senior Retreat at my high school alma mater and welcomed the girls into the Alumnae Association. That is always fun (free pizza too!). After that, I went to my two favorite stores--Fashion Bug and Hallmark. I spent $3 at Fashion Bug and nearly $30 at Hallmark...go figure! I walked to the post office and mailed some Mother's Day cards, Nurse's Day cards (better late than never), and a couple bills. I stopped at the grocery store on my way back home and bought stuff for a couple more meals. I cooked "green beans and hamburger over rice" (dad's recipe) for myself and my friend to have for lunch tomorrow. I also made a caramel apple salad (I found the recipe online last night) for us to have for dessert. Too bad I won't actually be able to eat WITH her, but it will be fun to eat the same thing anyway.
Tonight was my first softball game. The rain held off long enough for us to get the whole game in, and it was REALLY nice. The "girls" on my team are great, some of them I have known for over 20 years! We ended up winning 21-4 (I may have to link to some of my posts after games from last year...I was on a different team and it was not fun at all...we may not have even scored 21 runs the ENTIRE SUMMER!). What a GREAT time (I got hits all four times I batted, so that makes me happy too!). I played catcher and you don't have to wear any "gear" in slow-pitch, so I will have a few bruises, but not too bad!
Well, I didn't get myself prepared for Thursday's meeting I have to lead (still haven't done the agenda or read my policies and procedures). However, I'm pretty sure no one else wants the job, so I'm hoping not to hear any complaints! I guess I'll have to do that when I get off work tomorrow night.
I found out last night that a little girl I took care of a few weeks ago when she was here to be evaluated for a transplant is VERY sick back at her home hospital (kind of crazy how I found out...a mom I know just from the Internet emailed me to see if I knew the girl...I'm not sure how she knew about the girl...maybe she knows someone who knows them...it's a small world anyway!). I emailed her mom to let her know I was praying for them.
The baby is still hanging in there. He has been having fevers on and off for about a week and they aren't really sure what is going on. They have done lots of tests, but have not figured out anything yet. His kidneys still don't want to work, which affects his breathing, so he remains on dialysis and the ventilator. However, each day that he is here is a day not many people really expected him to have, and his family is grateful for that. It really has only been three weeks since his transplant, so baby steps are progress.
Well, it's about to start thundering and lightening...I've already had one "computer issue" this year, so I probably shouldn't take any chances and should turn it off and unplug it! Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment