I couldn't get out of bed this morning in time to make it to choir practice before church. So, I went to 11:00 Mass, but did not sing in the choir. I probably could have slept until noon (or later!), but going to church took priority!
We had brunch at my parents' house. My dad said he made French Toast for over 2 hours and used three loaves of bread! We ate in shifts since everyone came at different times. It was pretty funny! We did take pictures, but I haven't had time to upload them yet. My aunt went back home this afternoon. I think she enjoyed her visit. We will all be together again for our family reunion in August.
After brunch, my sister and I went with my dad to a gathering in the neighborhood where he grew up. A couple that is really good friends with my grandparents celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary (and her 80th birthday!). Their kids, grand-kids, great-grandkids, and many friends were there. It was quite the party! We didn't stay very long because my parents were having people over for dinner.
In between the party and dinner, I finished painting in the basement! I took off the tape, did the touch-ups, and put away the plastic that was covering the carpet! I still need to vacuum, but then I can start putting things where I want them! I bought three "bins" at Target the other day and put some toys in them this evening. I think they will work well, but I may need to get a couple more (I wanted to see how they looked before I bought too many!).
Dinner at my parents was VERY good! After dinner, we sat outside and ended up watching a storm blow in and over. The temperature dropped like 20 degrees in about 20 minutes. It was SO crazy, but SO cool! The sky turned grey, the clouds rolled in, there was thunder and lightning, it rained for a few minutes, and then sky was blue and the sun was out. It seems to have warmed up a little bit more (it was close to 90 degrees today, so my house was pretty hot considering the windows are open!). Hopefully my bedroom is still cool so it is comfortable for sleeping :o)
Well, tomorrow is Memorial Day, but I have to work. So, I should go to bed. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment