Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Cinco de Mayo Post

Even though it is after Midnight and now the SIXTH of May (sometimes making up a title is hard!)

So, this morning I had to force myself out of bed to make it to Curves before 10:30. I'm not sure how great of a work out I did, but I made it! After my "workout", I walked with the owner over to Goodwill. I ended up purchasing a little kitchen set-up that came with some random plastic food and dishes (I haven't actually opened the bag to see what all is in there, but it looks like a lot of the stuff didn't come with the kitchen initially!). It looks like fun! Later in the day, I went to a store called "Once Upon a Child" that sells gently used items. I bought some more toys, and Disney Princess Yahtzee. I also did some searching of paint colors since apparently my new "big idea" is to turn my basement into a playroom (I haven't decided yet or looked at any swatches). I have spent so much time on the Internet looking at car seats, "pack 'n plays", swings, bouncy seats and strollers...it is sort of crazy. Where is this all coming from? Okay, so I have some pretty good guesses, but it would be interesting to try and explain all this to someone else! I'm going to have a room full of toys for all of my "borrowed children". I suppose there is nothing wrong with that...

In between shopping for "mystery kids", I did a little work for one of the committees I am on at work. I had to send an email to all my co-workers and it took me a really long time so I made sure it sounded okay. I received a very nice comment back which was REALLY appreciated! I forced myself to mow my lawn (I'm sure the "crazy lawn lady" next door is happy about that!). I went and watched my dad's two high school girls softball teams play (recreational slow-pitch). He asked me to go, so of COURSE I said yes! I enjoy going to his games (especially since I get to coach a base or keep score). My only hesitation was if my friend wanted to get away from the hospital for supper. However, family comes first and she needed to stay with her baby today anyway, so it all worked out. I went to the hospital around 10:00 tonight so I could print some policies and procedures I need to review before Thursday's meeting. I need to send my agenda soon and figured I'd rather go tonight to get the information than try and find time tomorrow. I brought my friend the clothes she picked out at Fashion Bug (they had a big sale yesterday, so we put stuff on hold and my mom picked them up) and some of my dad's chili. So, I got to see her anyway! I love how things work out!

Kind of a busy day, even though I felt like I watched a lot of TV and spent a lot of time on my computer. I guess as long as I accomplished other stuff too, that's okay! I should NOT be staying up this late, though, because it will probably mess up my sleeping schedule for the rest of the week! Okey doke, time to "hit the hay". Tomorrow will be another busy day (they usually are!). Good night.

Thanks for the comment Marcie, but I wouldn't say my attitude is always that good! I too need frequent reminders that each day is a gift, to treasure each special moment, and that I shouldn't sweat the small stuff. Thankfully, God has placed me in situations, and provided me with many people who remind me those very things on a regular basis! I have quite a few "put things in perspective" friends, and I TRY to get to them before I go too crazy over silly things! Again, thanks for the comment. I'm glad the race went well too. :o) Take care.

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hey there,

I am glad your race went good too!! I love the basement playroom idea and encourage you to go for it. We don't have basements where I live and I think the extra room is fantastic. I don't think you are crazy at all, I see things falling into place in God's plan for you. Your heart is so OPEN to His leading. Hope your day today is full of joy and you got enough rest:)

Love you, Laurie in Ca.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails