My sister and I went and got massages this morning. It was SO nice! Unfortunately, my back does not feel any better...I guess it is going to take time to heal. I paid for the massages, and my sister gave me a hair cut. Basically a trim, but it hadn't been trimmed in months, so REALLY needed some work! We enjoyed our time together :o) I'm excited to have a new 'do, even it is just a trim!
I was actually kind of productive the rest of the day (aside from an hour and a half nap this afternoon!). I did a couple loads of laundry and got the "guest room" pretty well set up for my weekend "guest". I had my parents come help me move some furniture (actually, they did all the moving because my back hurts when I just lift my purse!). I have a few more things to clear out of the basement and then it should be good to go for this weekend (and then it is a "work in progress" to get it looking really nice!). I brought some dolls and doll clothes from my parents' house, so I need to get those all cleaned up and put into bins or something like that. My living room is still a mess, so I HOPE I have tomorrow off to take care of that!
Some girls from my floor are playing softball on Wednesday nights. They asked me to play, but I decided I would rather play on Tuesdays and it would be hard to get both days off. Their game today was at 9:30, so I decided to go in case they were short players. I coached first base, and then played second base for three batters until the game was over (we got beat by the "mercy rule"...darn!). I actually haven't played much infield and it kind of scares me, but I made a VERY nice stop (followed by a VERY bad throw!). I was pretty proud about that and kind of impressed my co-workers :o) We went to the bar after the game, but I didn't stay long since I am scheduled to work tomorrow. I didn't participate in the "drinking game" they were playing, even though it looked like a lot of fun and I could have played it in such a way that I would not get "drunk". I probably should have jumped in and just played, but hopefully the fact that I was there was enough. Enough for what, I don't know...being respected?!...as if drinking with the co-workers and the manager it what it takes to "fit in"...anyway, it was VERY fun, and I would have stayed longer if there was not a chance I would actually have to go to work tomorrow. As it is, it is midnight, and my alarm will go off at 5:30 no matter what. I am hopeful that I will get the day off, but there is a chance I will have to go (and if that is the case, it will NOT be very fun, especially since the past two days I barely saw the morning, forget being awake when the sun comes up!).
Alright, enough babbling...good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment