Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hi-Cal Day

I definitely went over my calorie allotment for the day! (I'm pretty sure I do that most days, but today was exceptional!)

My day started off with coffee and scones at my friend's house. We had a GREAT visit (it had been a while since we "chatted" and it was nice to catch up). She and I have been friends for a LONG time! (probably since her daughter was born, and she is in 7th grade!) She has "talked me through" many different "issues" over the years, and also helped me celebrate the fun and exciting times.

I puttered around my house for quite a while after that (and, actually don't think I did any snacking during that time which could be my "saving grace"). I ran the dishwasher and did a little bit of organizing. I'm not quite sure if I will be ready to start painting tomorrow since I still have some work stuff to do, but hopefully I can be "speedy" with that and then get to work!

I picked up my friend from the hospital at nearly 2:00 (the team hadn't done rounds yet, but she was hungry and decided not to wait any longer!). We went to a Greek place and I had my FIRST Gyro! (It is kind of fun that I had my first gyro with her...that will be a nice memory! The "serendipitous" part of THAT story is that JUST last night, my parents were telling me the best place in town to get gyros. I informed them that I had never had one. When my friend called me, she suggested we get gyros for lunch...I knew EXACTLY where to go to get a good one...craziness!) It was DELICIOUS! We stopped by the post office so she could mail a care package to her family. I had to stop by Employee Health, then at Walgreen's and the grocery store on the way home.

I wasn't home long before I left again to attend a baby shower for one of the nurses. Of COURSE I was still stuffed from the gyro, but how can you NOT eat at a gathering like that! I actually didn't do TOO badly and had some fruit and veggies (with my Bud Light), but probably shouldn't have even tried to fit anything else in my stomach. It was fun, but I couldn't stay very long because I had a meeting at 7:00. Of COURSE the meeting (an information session about the International Transplant Nurse Society) was at The Olive Garden! I was COMPLETELY stuffed, but decided I HAD to get something. I ended up getting a dessert drink with Kahlua, Amaretto, ice cream, chocolate syrup...now THAT is some healthy stuff!

It isn't even 11:00 yet, but I'm tired and going to try and go to sleep. I did vacuum the basement (with my partially broken vacuum...I need to take it to the repair shop tomorrow) and moved what little furniture there is to the middle of the room. I DEFINITELY need to go to Curves tomorrow (AND probably should go running too, but hopefully I will be painting, and that is at least a TINY bit of exercise!).

Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails