That's all we got...yesterday was March 1 , and we got a "taste" of spring. It made it into the 50s and it was SO NICE!! Of course, I didn't take advantage of the day very well, and spent almost all of it indoors. I stayed in bed until nearly 11:00 which was FABULOUS! I went and watched some of the girls basketball games to give my dad an update while he was at work. I went to the mall with my mom. When I got home, I opened up a couple windows and rested on the couch watching TV. A nice little cool breeze filled my living room, but it was VERY pleasant.
Fast forward to today...the high this morning was 61 degrees, and THEN, while I was at work, someone said there were HUGE snowflakes falling down! "No Way!" I thought. However, it was true. Freezing rain and snow came falling down. My lawn is covered with a layer of snow. UNBELIEVABLE! I returned home a little while ago after watching my dad's team finish second in their tournament. The temperature is now in the low 30s. Those windows I opened yesterday...still open. So, I'm sitting here freezing in a 50 degree house! I guess that's good sleeping weather...
I probably won't need any help sleeping tonight, though. Last night, I went to a college basketball game with my parents that went into double overtime. My heart was still racing from adrenaline when I got home, so didn't end up falling asleep until after midnight. That makes for a very short night when the alarm goes off at 5:30.
Work was fine today...actually a little slow (sometimes, slow is okay...I will not complain too much, but it was harder to stay awake when I didn't have much work to do!). I had two patients for most of the day. I kept wondering if my PICU patient would get bumped up to me. Praying for her mom's sake she wouldn't, but I was prepared anyway.
Okey doke, that's it...I'm ready to go to bed (I'll have to see how many blankets I can scrounge up since my bedroom is already the coldest room in the house!)
No comments:
Post a Comment