Okay, so maybe I didn't QUITE do that, but I did make the most of it!
I had a meeting at the hospital this morning. We met with one of the executives for a good part of it, and also discussed the results from our staff satisfaction survey. My manager, and the director were present as well. I think it is WONDERFUL to work in an organization that cares what its employees think. It was a very productive meeting, and we were given opportunities to discuss our concerns, and also talk about some positive changes that have occurred. Being a person that is very passionate about her work, it is empowering to see others who share that passion. How many people can say that their boss, and their boss' boss, and people higher than that ALL care about what happens in their little department?!
After the meeting, I went to lunch with a friend who works in the media relations department. We had a very nice conversation, and caught up on things (I can't remember the last time we went out for lunch!). She was interested to know how things were going in my area, it is interesting for me to hear about what she does. I'm hoping we can get together again soon!
I did some of my usual "day off hanging out", but THEN decided to take advantage of the warmer weather. This week's weather has been CRAZY! Saturday warm, Sunday snow, today "warm", tonight snow. I drove to my parents' house since I am familiar with that neighborhood (seeing as I lived in that house for nearly 20 years!). I was out for 30 minutes. I walked for most of it, but I did run for three minutes, and then for about six. I'm not sure how far it was, but it felt pretty good. I am hoping I will be able to do the Life-a-Thon again this year. Maybe I'll actually train for it!
I took a short little bath (I'm thinking I may need to make a trip to the store to get some cool stuff for the tub, since I seem to be taking pretty frequent baths!). It was nice and relaxing, and I figured it would help my muscles. I went to choir practice. I still don't have my schedule, so am not sure what days I have off around Easter. I should find out tomorrow.
Well, I'm pretty sleepy (and I didn't even use the "sleep" bubble bath!). I'm planning to get to work early so I can try to "snag" my little "A-team" girl as a patient. I hope it doesn't cause a raucous :o) I do have a "Plan B", but hopefully I will not need to resort to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment