Just nine days ago, I thought that my Easter weekend would consist of working, not being able to go to church, and an abbreviated dinner with my immediate family following my second of three shifts in a row. I was not looking forward to it at all. My how things can change, and I am VERY grateful. My manager ended up giving me yesterday off, so I was able to have lunch with my mom's parents and some extended family. I was also able to attend the Easter vigil Mass. This morning, I received a call that I could have the day off. This meant that I was able to have brunch with my dad's parents, my mom, dad, and sister. I then was able to have lunch with some family that was there yesterday, but we were able to visit a LOT longer today. I had dinner with my mom, dad, sister, and brother-in-law (we didn't get any photos this evening, but did take quite a few during the day...so, I decided to make a slide show of all the Easter photos I had on my camera). So, I went from thinking Easter was going to be pretty sad to having lots and LOTS of family time! It was great (except for the end of the evening when I teased me mom a bit too much and hurt her feelings...I apologized, but we didn't leave in that great of terms...I suppose there is always a potential for "drama" at family gatherings...I feel badly that it happened, but it's done and we will move on...early to bed for both of us at our separate homes.)
Lots of things to be thankful for this Easter day. I am SO blessed.
Now I REALLY need to go back to work tomorrow! I may have forgotten how to do my job, it has been so long! I better get back into the swing of things before my student nurse comes to try and learn from me! Good night!


No comments:
Post a Comment