That pretty much sums up how I feel right now. Last night, I experienced something SO beautiful, it just HAD to be God. I believe my heart is forever changed. That is all the explanation/details I am willing to give, but it feels "fabulous", and I am SO grateful!
Of course, prior to that, I had to experience the flat-out "meanness" of a co-worker. This person was SO unkind to my friend and I, that all we could really say was "mean people suck" and try to move on. I am rather proud of myself for being able to actually say to this person "that was not nice at all, it just wasn't nice". As I mentioned in a previous post, confrontations are not my thing. As mentioned, I received my first comment in three months! (I've gotten less than ten in the ten months I've been journaling.) Since I don't get many comments, I will go ahead and address it (this is my "blog" and I can do what I want!) While the whole comment was "super nice", this part made me smile--"I don't do confrontations good either. My head will have it all rehearsed out and then when I open my mouth, it comes out in chinese, if it even comes out at all!! I think it is to our advantage though, leave the fighting up to someone else. I think if our motive is right in our heart, we don't need to defend it. But it is hard." That "hit home" with me because I actually "rehearse" a lot of conversations, and really get thrown for a loop when they don't end up the way I plan them. This is really a good description of what happens to me in confrontations, and it is nice to know that I'm not alone! And, like she says, maybe it's okay to not fight too much (unless it is to protect or defend someone you love, or someone who cannot do it for themselves!).
I stayed up pretty late last night, but didn't have to get up early (11:00 Mass is great!). I did kind of upset one of the newer people in the choir for sitting in "her seat". I guess she started sitting in "my seat" during the weeks I wasn't there. I suppose I should have been flexible, but I've been a member of the choir for ten or eleven years and ALWAYS have sat in that spot! Pretty silly "disagreement", especially at church, but we didn't really end up resolving our "issues" today. In the Catholic Church, today we celebrate Palm Sunday and Passion Sunday. The Mass starts with a joyful celebration of Jesus being welcomed into Jerusalem as king and then transitions into the solemn story of the Last Supper, Judas' betrayal, Peter's denial, and the crucifixion. It is a very holy day in the church, the beginning of "Holy Week". Jesus dying for us, and saving our souls, is the basis of all Christian faiths, so this is a very special time in the church. I was blessed to have today off work, so I could attend the service. I am incredibly blessed that I only have to work on Wednesday this week, so can attend services any of the other days.
I took quite a long nap, and did a couple loads of wash (didn't fold any, put any away, or dry it all, but it was a start!). I went shopping with my mom at my favorite store that was having one of its "super sales". My little patient was able to a hospital closer to home today. I am SO happy for her and her family. As I wrote to her mom in a note last night, "I cannot even BEGIN to imagine how much your family misses you, because I know how much of a difference you have made in my life, and how special you are to me." (and I haven't known them for that long in the "grand scheme" of things)
Well, it is nearly midnight, but I am barely tired (I think I slept for about 2 hours this afternoon!). I probably can sleep anyway, though. So, good night!
1 comment:
Hey Girl,
I don't know what blessed you so much the other night but it sounds BIG. I can read the joy in your words and I am happy for you. Are we glad or what for the two "special ladies" to be closer to home and all the love? I am so grateful for them and know that things will move right along positively and they will all be home together again!! Thank you for being the eyes and ears, hands and feet of the Lord to them while they were there. I can only imagine how blessed they are with you! And you only have to work on Wednesday?
Wow, that is great and I hope you have a restful week full of blessings and that God continues to bring you treasures as He did last night or the night before. You know which night I mean:) You crack me up with the choir seating:) Sometimes we need to stake a claim to our territory and stick to it! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. This truly is a blessed week as Easter and it's true meaning is upon us. It is because of Jesus that we can connect with people, heart to heart, without ever meeting them face to face. I love this about Him and so much more what He has done in my life.
Have a most wonderful day as you have earned it with your heart.
Love, Laurie in Ca.(Sunny but Cold)
Post a Comment