Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, March 31, 2008

Kicked Out

So, a little before 10:00 last night, my mom comes and stands by me at the computer and just looks. Apparently, she wanted to go to bed, and I needed to leave before she did that. I was rather rude and said something close to "well, it's YOUR fault my computer isn't even gone yet". Of course, it isn't REALLY her fault, but if I had known "backing up the files" was going to be such a huge ordeal, I would have figured out how to do it myself. As I write this, my computer STILL has not been shipped, so I'm afraid the countdown hasn't even begun. What I SHOULD have said to my mom was that this is my "journalling" and I NEED to journal...so sorry if it is late at night, but this is probably going to be a nightly thing until my computer is back in my possession! If there were another option, I would take it, but I can't think of one (I don't think my mom and dad would let me "borrow" their desk top for a week or two...).

Anyway, I'm sort of "stalling" because I REALLY do need to study for this class tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to be able to fix my mom and dad's printer, and the library close to me is closed on Mondays, so I'll probably end up at the hospital to use the computer there.

I'll probably end up writing again today, since tomorrow I may not make it to mom and dad's. I have my "PALS" (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) class from 7:45-5:15, and then my first foster parent class from 6-9. Talk about information overload!

Laurie and Marcie...thanks for encouraging me and my writing. I'm glad you two think I'm interesting :o) Marcie, I do read Nate's blog, but have only commented once or twice...the possibility of a million people coming to read what I write REALLY freaks me out. (When I overheard the surgeon talking about the adult donor yesterday morning, I did think about Tricia, even though my hospital is pretty far away from her, and the organs are typically distributed regionally.) That's why I spend most of my time "lurking" and rarely commenting...I know that leaving comments can lead to more visitors which is good in some ways (like "meeting" really neat people!), , but I have also seen how unkind people can be. Laurie, I talked to the mom of my little A-patient just a little bit ago. We had to take care of a little business (I shipped some of her stuff back that couldn't go on the med flight), but we chatted for about 15 minutes. I'm SO happy they are home and enjoying life :o) I think it is funny that you are "hiding" your computer time from your husband...I'm thinking my mom now knows that when I say I spend a lot of time on the computer during my days off, I mean it!

Okay, TOTALLY stalling...I've been writing this for over 20 minutes...time to read!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Babe,

Thanks for understanding my hiding time. He doesn't understand how any one can make friends with someone they have never met. (Men mentality) I guess. I don't feel like explaining it to him, so I tell him I am answering emails. What's a little secret after 40 years of marriage. He just plays boreing mind games on the computer anyway.:) I am so happy for our A Team patient. So blessed. Talk to you soon.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

CFHusband said...

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails