Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Today in a Nutshell

A small part of me wished I worked today because I would get my same kids back from yesterday. However, it was nice to do something other than work, and I MAY be able to get them back tomorrow anyway!

I can't believe how late I stayed up last night! Fortunately for me, I didn't have to get up until almost 10:00. I went to Mass and it was REALLY nice to be there (I have been missing church a lot and don't like that at all). After church, I took care of some "business" (writing checks and sending bills...not picking up the clutter...would you believe there is still some stuff from my vacation "hanging out" in the living room...I feel like my house is kind of like a "bachelor pad"!). Then, I went to lunch with a high school friend, her husband, and their 18-month-old son. I hadn't seen them since before Christmas (I brought her gift with me!). We had a nice visit. They are doing well, but told me another one of their friends is getting divorced after being married a little over a year. That was really sad for me to hear (I don't need any stories like that when I already think I don't want to get married!).

My dad's basketball teams played back-to-back in a tournament this afternoon, so I went to those games and kept score. His teams are SO bad this year, and it was pretty hard to watch (they played worse than usual...not a whole lot of energy out there...maybe they are "done" with basketball season!). I came home and took an hour nap which helped a LOT (I was starting to get a headache). I cooked some cheese soup, so have lunch for tomorrow, and I will bring some to share...AND there is still enough for about 4 more servings...I am NOT good at cooking for one or two meals!

That's today in a nutshell. Not too exciting, but that's okay. One of these days, I should stay at home and do some picking up around my house. On the other hand, no one really cares what my house looks like, especially since there isn't anyone who will be coming to see it. Right now, I have other things on my mind that seem more important and now is the time to do those things.

Back to work tomorrow...I checked who was working, and it looks like I have a fairly good chance of getting my patients back tomorrow (only one nurse who worked today is back tomorrow). I'll plan to get there a little early anyway. So, I should go to sleep (hopefully that evening nap doesn't affect my ability to fall asleep!).

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails