Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Not TOO bad!

I did NOT sleep well last night at all! Maybe that was "payback" for all those seemingly "extra" hours I have been sleeping. I tossed and turned ALL night long, but DID manage to get up by 9:00 so I could get ready for the day.

We made it to my aunt's around noon (she lives about 60 miles from where I live). There was a TON of VERY yummy food. It especially seemed like a lot, considering there actually were only seventeen of us for lunch, which is a SMALL gathering for our family. There are twenty-one grandkids on my mom's side of the family, so it was REALLY fun when we were younger (the first 10 are granddaughters, I am the oldest...those early days were CRAZY!). My mom and I left a little before 3:00 since she had other plans, so it was a short visit. The four "big girls" did hide some Easter eggs around the living room/kitchen for the three "little boys" (it was WAY too cold to do anything outside...we even had some freezing rain!). So, I guess it wasn't bad. Us older girls decided that we didn't really like being "grown up" though, and were wishing the little boys had the same kind of holiday experiences we did. I guess you just create new traditions and make the best of each moment spent together. It's all about perspective :o)


Cousins (9 of the 21 grandkids)


Mom and me

Silly!

Me and my cousin in our

"happy" spring shirts

(even though it was in the 30s or 40s!)

I took a nap after I got home. I ate frozen ravioli "on the go" by myself for supper (while trying to feel sorry for myself! it kind of worked, but not too much!). I went to the Easter vigil which was a really nice service/celebration. I always enjoy that tradition, so VERY happy that it worked out for me to attend (although, actually going to church on Easter Sunday would have been great too!). Well, I suppose I should go to bed since I actually have to get up early for work tomorrow. I'm glad that God knows to constantly place people in my life who remind me to put things into perspective! Whenever I try and whine or complain about something, THERE someone is to remind me that things could be a LOT worse! At least I have a family that I enjoy hanging out with. At least I HAVE a family. At least I live REALLY CLOSE to most of my family. Everyone in my family is healthy, and "basically" happy. Wow, those things are HUGE! AND, on top of all that, Jesus died for ME to save ME...that is what we are remembering and celebrating especially this weekend. Happy Easter!

Good Night!

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hey There,

I am glad to read that your day was a good one. You know, it is a drag to be the grown up remembering the excitement when we were kids. But I am sure the young ones there felt the magic and fun. Yep, you just create new traditions and make new memories.
It was fun to do for my 37 year old kids, and now grandkids. Just know you did make memories. Great pictures too.

Love, Laurie in Ca.
Now I have to go comment on your entry about whining:)!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails