So, my house stays a mess, but at least I didn't spend the day sitting and staring at it! I was "out and about" and it was "super fun" :o)
I went to a lecture this morning at the hospital from 8-9. It was about nurses' work environment/patient safety. I was hoping I could get continuing education credit, but guess it was just "FYI". It was interesting, I guess, and SUPPOSE it was an okay use of my time, although some extra sleep would have been nice too! Oh well, at least I got a cinnamon roll and coffee out of the deal!
After the talk, I went to pick up a book for a class I'm taking next week. I was in the building where my friend in media relations works. So, since I was just two floors below, I decided to "pop up" and see if she happened to be in her office (and, if not, then I would leave a note or something). When the elevator opened, there she was, about to get on my elevator to go down (there are THREE elevators in that area, so this was a pretty crazy "coincidence"!). She was going to drive a co-worker's car to a parking lot a couple blocks away and walk back. Since I didn't have any plans, I decided to go along. So, we had a nice visit on the short drive and walk back. I'm SO happy I "ran into" her, especially since I wanted to talk to her about something that happened last week, and it was MUCH nicer to "chat" in person than over the phone :o) She is a fun friend to have (I think it is cool having a friend who works with the "media"...I think she likes having a friend who is a nurse!).
I went to Curves after that. I ended up "closing the place" (they close at 11). I am friends with the lady who works there in the mornings. She and I visited for quite a while when I was the only one there. That was fun too :o)
It was SUCH a nice day that I thought I should go for a walk. However, I decided to call the place where I bought my computer from because I've been having "issues" with the sound for a couple months, and also think my battery is bad. I discovered yesterday that my warranty is good for another 2 years, so I thought I should see if anything was covered. That ended up being quite a lengthy conversation with the "tech support guy". He helped me do a couple things that should make my computer run a little faster. He tried to help me "troubleshoot" the sound problem, but it seems to be a speaker issue. So, I am going to have to ship my laptop away to be fixed. I am NOT sure what I will do without it for up to two weeks, but am trying not to think about that TOO much tonight! :o)
So, I ended up NOT going on a walk at that time, and took a short nap instead before FINALLY taking a shower. I had a meeting at the hospital from 3-5:30. One of my friends is on the committee with me, so we talked about going to dinner after the meeting. Once the meeting was over, though, we thought we should enjoy the nice weather. We ended up going on a walk...probably close to THREE MILES! It was SO nice and WE had a nice visit! We went to our favorite place to eat (although I decided to try something different and it wasn't a good choice). Neither of us felt TOO guilty with our huge milkshakes for dessert since we DID go for quite a walk!
What a FUN day I had! I did LOTS of talking (three friends "in person", one "tech guy" on the phone, another friend over the phone, an email or two...) AND quite a bit of "working out".
The weather was SO great...I hope spring has arrived (although, I'm not holding my breath, I actually heard someone say the word "snow" today, so we shall see). I signed up to work an extra shift at the hospital tomorrow, but was hoping they wouldn't need me so I could enjoy another beautiful day off. I just called, though, and someone has already called in sick. So, "best case scenario", I will be "on-call". If they get a lot of patients, or if someone else calls in sick, then to work I will go. I'm pretty tired after all the working out and being outside. It's also quite a bit later than I usually stay up when I have to work, so I should quit the typing and get ready for bed!
Good night (hoping I get to sleep later than 5:30!).
1 comment:
Hi Girl,
It sounds like your day was a fun one and you got alot done. Good talk and friendships are always so refreshing.
Sorry to hear about the computer problems and hope they get resolved.
Cox Cable was having problems for a half a day on Friday here and I could not get on the internet. I about had a fit!!! Does this mean I am addicted? I think so. Have a great day today and remember that you are a very special young lady:)
Love, Laurie in Ca.
Post a Comment