I feel like I have been sleeping A LOT this week. And yet, I still feel SO tired. I don't get how I could go to bed last night at 1/1:30 (okay, maybe this isn't such a good example because that is late) and stay in bed until nearly 10:00. That is almost NINE hours of sleeping/resting and it required much effort for me not to lay down for a nap at 1:00 this afternoon (instead I just sat on the couch and watched TV which is ALMOST like napping!). It was the same story yesterday...in bed for nine or so hours, and in "desperate" need for a nap a few hours later. It makes NO sense to me. I can't use the "working 12-hour shifts is really tiring" excuse because I've only worked one in the last WEEK. I can't use the "emotionally exhausted" excuse either because things are pretty good right now. I just don't know, but it is rather annoying (although, maybe I shouldn't complain TOO much because at least if I feel tired, I can just sleep...I could sleep for days and days and no one would care as long as I didn't miss any work). Maybe it's the weather...yeah, blame it on the weather! It has been SO up and down here...60s and sunny one day, 30s and cloudy the next. I don't know, though, I'm not much of an "outdoorsy" person, so it isn't like I'm longing for the outside. I suppose the only thing I COULD try is going to be at a decent hour (like, SOON since it is after 10:00 now).
I had a mini-meltdown this afternoon, which made me think that I SHOULD have taken a nap! I was so upset that I wouldn't even talk to my mom after church. I just left (and cried in my car during the five minute drive home). I guess I had too high of expectations of the "family time" that would occur this weekend. It was a HUGE ordeal for me to get tomorrow off, but it was WORTH IT to me because I thought it mattered to everyone else. I will be going to my aunt's house to see whatever extended family shows up. I probably will ride with my mom, but she isn't going to stay very long because she has "evening plans". My dad is working, so I will not see him at all. My sister and brother-in-law are working, so won't be going to my aunt's, and I will not see them either. Alrighty then, I am SO happy that I used a day of PTO for this. Oh, but I guess I can stop by mom and dad's after I get off on Sunday night and eat whatever is left from their Easter dinner (okay, maybe it won't be THAT bad, but it sure feels like it). It is SO disappointing (I believe I had "issues" at Christmas too, so maybe it's just me). My aunt was able to "console" me some when she told me that she has gotten to a point that whomever shows up for the family gatherings are the ones that matter, not the ones that aren't there (because you can't worry about them!). So, at least a couple of my cousins, aunts, and uncles will be at the "gathering" tomorrow, and I will have fun (even if I have to wear a winter coat during Easter weekend!).
Well, I better sleep so I'm not crabby tomorrow. My "March Madness" bracket got pretty screwed up with the upsets today, so there isn't really a need to stay up "super late" and see who wins these night games! (I have to make sure I get to choir early tomorrow for the vigil Mass...I haven't "made peace" with the new lady and tonight I received quite a few "looks"...I TOTALLY thought she was "tattling" on me to the director, but can't be sure about that! So crazy!)
1 comment:
Hey Girl,
I've been sleeping alot too, maybe we are coming out of hibernation now that it is Spring. Maybe this week has just been giving you a little "wind-down" time from the crazy pace you keep at work, physically and emotionally. Make the most of your day today and find some treasures in it for you, they are out there. Family get-togethers can be so crazy at times, I know this with my own family. I just go with the flow now because I have learned you can't fight city hall. It is actually getting better now that I have this attitude about it, go figure!! Have a good time today with whoever ends up being there, it will be just what you need. And how about that "little girl" of ours? So good, and what a roller coaster ride her family has been on. Have a great day okay?
Love, Laurie in Ca.
Post a Comment