One of the blogs I read referred to this as an "extra day", and encouraged people do something "extra special". Well, I'm not sure I did that, but I WAS a bit more productive than I was yesterday! Leap day was really fun when I was in elementary school because there were two boys in my grade who were born on Leap Day (in 1980). We always teased them about being younger than us because they hadn't had NEARLY as many birth-days! They didn't seem to be bothered by it...haven't seen those boys in close to fourteen years...crazy!
I slept in for the first time in what seems like forever which felt great! I did go to Curves, but didn't take advantage of the "Leap Day Lunch" they had planned for any member who wanted to attend. Since this is my own journal, I will admit that I hadn't bathed since Tuesday, so really being around other people probably wasn't the greatest idea until I did that! (That sounds completely horrible, but really, I have been all alone, so don't think me not showering bothered anyone else! There are people in lots of parts of the world that bathe even less often than that... Maybe I'm doing my own little "water conservation thing"!). So, I came home, ate breakfast, drank some coffee, threw in a load of laundry, and THEN took a nice bath! I did actually "veg out" for a while, but three loads of laundry are done, and my suitcase is put away, so I wasn't completely lazy again today!
This evening, I went to 5:30 Mass followed by the Stations of the Cross . I am SO glad I went! One of the other girls from the young adult group was there too and sat with me for the stations. I have done stations many times in the past, but this time it was a REALLY special spiritual experience for me. The reflections for each station were actually different than the ones I have linked to here since I had to leave my pamphlet at church (I kind of wish I would have written some of them down!). The stations are an "interactive" reminder of how amazing it is that Jesus did this all FOR ME! He carried the Cross FOR ME, He died on the cross FOR ME. The reflections we did focused on reaching out to others who are suffering, as well as reflecting on the unconditional love God has for us. After each of the 14 stations, the phrase "We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you. Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world." or something similar is repeated. How great is that?! Anyway, it is kind of hard to explain, but I needed this today, and it was amazing, and very special.
After church, I went to the grocery store so I could make more soup tomorrow if I want. I stopped by to visit my mom for a few minutes. Then, I went and watched my dad's basketball team play (I got to keep score this time!). They won by a lot tonight, but since they played REALLY bad in their last game, they may not be in the finals on Sunday (I have to work that day, so wouldn't be able to go anyway). Now I'm at home, waiting for my sheets to be done in the dryer!
Earlier today, the "quote of the day" on my blog was something about being the hero in your own story. I was going to speak to that, but didn't really know what to say. Before I was able to copy the actual quote in order to "ponder" it some more, this one showed up in its place--"Life is a succession of moments, To live each one is to succeed."~Corita Kent; How's THAT for timing?! I was just telling some people last night at choir practice about my work. To many people, my job just sounds really depressing. And, some days it is pretty sad. However, the point I made to them was that I have been SO blessed to be around people who seize each moment, and appreciate EVERY day as a gift. Of course, not everyone is like that, but the ones who are have made a HUGE impact on me and my life. To live in the moment, to live without regrets, to appreciate even the smallest things...what a wonderful way to be! I'm not there yet, but I am learning.
Good night :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment