I was going to "blog" last night about the things that I DID accomplish to make myself seem like less of a slug, but my motivation was peaking about the time I needed to go to bed. I did go to Curves (and out for dinner...) and bought my book for the Bloom Book Club. I am considering buying an extra book to donate, but haven't decided yet. I was thinking it would be fun to email Angie/Jessica and let them know that I'm a super bad procrastinator and would send a book to someone who missed the book request deadline...but, also think it would be fun to donate a book to someone who reads my blog and wants one and not have it go through the book club. Or, maybe I can use my $10 for some other kind of donation...again, still weighing my options.
Speaking of "weighing", it seems like there is a "theme" this week of blogging about losing weight/eating healthier. I weigh more than I have in a while, but I don't think I've weighed my "goal weight" since before I was in high school and I haven't even had a baby, so maybe I should change my "goal weight" (although, that "goal weight" would get me into the normal range for BMI...ugh!) Anyway, I'm not quite ready to "go there", but maybe will find some inspiration from those who are and re-consider...especially since the dress I bought yesterday for my cousin's Confirmation is a size up from what I usually buy.
Apparently, when I get irritated with myself for being unproductive, I don't do "easy" things like clear the table/counters or clean my room or vacuum or dust. No, I decide to paint my bathroom. I am done with the primer and hopefully it will require just one coat of paint (I picked "Bumble Bee" which hopefully ends up being the color of yellow I wanted!) I have no idea how I forgot that painting isn't really that fun. I painted my "playroom" in May 2008 and wrote posts titled "Painting is Hard Work", "That's Gonna Hurt", and "Whose idea was this again?", but it DID look good when it was finished. While painting my kitchen in September 2009, I wrote a post called "Aches and Almost There", but that too looked great when it was finished. Apparently, I had amnesia because in November 2009, I was "Painting Again" and tackled the living room. I don't think I ever posted any pictures of my living room, but this post has pictures of a couple of the walls, so you MAY be able to see the "kiwi kissed" walls :o) Maybe I do big projects like these because once you start, you have to finish...which isn't the case in most of the other "projects" that I should be doing. (Like the day I decided to re-caulk the bathtub which took two days!)
I went out with some girls from high school today and am going to a concert tomorrow night (the other girls are meeting at my house, so I need to at LEAST clear the clutter in the kitchen and living room after I paint the bathroom!) I'm also meeting with my counselor for the first time in a month (she said I could start seeing her as needed, but I like having scheduled monthly meetings).
Well, sounds like I have some work to do tomorrow, so I should head to bed. Here are a couple pictures of my nephew from Saturday. My aunt and uncle have a really big window in the living room and even though I tried using the "back light" setting on my camera, the light is still bad. They are really cute, though (especially the one where he is trying to sneak the magazine!) and maybe I'll have to see if they can be edited...
Good night.
1 comment:
I love your wall quotes! They are awesome! :D
Post a Comment