Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tennessee Day Three

I have to type fast because I pretty much squelched the idea of going to Mass at 8:30 even though it's just down the road. I've been used to sleeping a lot (I think I've only worked two shifts in the past three weeks or something equally as crazy), plus this cold is wearing me out. I started having this nasty sore throat producing cough and had a hard time falling asleep last night. Where my aunt and uncle live is in CST, but very close to EST so it gets dark really early but also gets light REALLY early. I decided to try both mucinex and sinus rinses (which, for the record, are absolutely awful and now I understand completely why the children hate it so much...I'm told it works though). I've also taken ibuprofen and dayquil...anything to allow me to enjoy myself. Unfortunately, we are going to these amazing restaurants and the food isn't nearly as amazing as it should be since I can't smell or taste normally...but it is what it is.

Speaking of amazing restaurants, we went to one this evening and Naomi Judd was there. I didn't see her, but my cousin's boyfriend did, even though she and her friends were waiting for a table at the same time as us. We were sitting near the door to the place where they were taken (I think they had a "special" room or something...maybe!) So, we just watched. My aunt and uncle's friends came for the Confirmation and the woman was super excited to see a "star" (I hear ya...I don't have time to link to my many "stalker" posts, but they are there...I'm a stalker...ha!) We spotted her friend leave for a ladies room and a short time later, she and another friend went. So, my aunt's friend and I just followed them to the ladies' room (I know, I know...ha!) Neither of us used the same stall as her, but I mumbled something about hacking out my lungs while she was washing her hands and used the other sink. They had to walk by our table, so my aunt acted like she was taking a picture of my cousins, but totally took a picture of her...and it was super obvious...poor woman! I was hoping for a "star spotting" and I guess I got one (would have rather run into one of the Bloom book gals, but beggars can't be choosers, right?!)


Me and my cousins :)

My aunt and me :)


At the Confirmation
My cousin gave me a REALLY pretty necklace and I'm excited to start wearing it (the price tag was still on and even though they got it at Kohl's so I'm sure it was on sale, it still shows that it is a NICE necklace!)
She also picked out a really sweet card for me. I think I will end this post by typing it out. I'm actually surprised I didn't cry when I read it!
For Wonderful You
Warm words of gratitude with a poem by Emily Matthews
There are wonderful people who give from their hearts in thoughtful and unselfish ways.
So willing to share, help out, or be there, no matter how busy their days.
There are people we count on, whose wisdom and caring help everything work out just right--Wonderful people who shine in our lives with their gentle and beautiful light.
If only you could hear the prayers that fill each thought of you and the smiles that warm each memory of the generous things you do, you'd know you're treasured more than words can say.
Thank you so much.
SO sweet! She said there were so many good cards, but she signed it "The card says it all!" Very thoughtful!
Alright, time for bed. Tomorrow we are planning to wander around Nashville. There were thunderstorms today, so hopefully it is nice tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails