Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Home Study

Tomorrow morning I have my second home study with my case worker. It is kind of weird that I am having my SECOND home study when I haven't even been licensed three months and have not had a placement! But, it is what it is :o) I was sort of hoping to get "forced" off work today so I could spend some time making my house more presentable. I also wanted the day off because I could NOT fall asleep last night (darn Dr. Pepper, but BOY did it taste good...I hadn't had a "soda" in months!) PLUS, my sister was taking my nephew to the Zoo for the first time. Even though I had to stay "on call", it was a great day! I pretty much carried my nephew all over the place for some cuddle time AND good exercise!



Looking at the Jellyfish.



This picture just cracks me up!



He looks extra chubby in this picture, but I love it :o)



He finally crashed, and we got some snuggle time :o)

I made some good progress in getting my house ready for my home study, but have a few more things to do in the morning (I am all cleaned out for one day!)

Two years ago today, "the baby" received his second chance at life. I wrote about that here and here (and lots of other places!) He is doing great and his family is grateful every day for the donor's family who chose to give him a second chance during a tragic time in their lives. April is National Donate Life Month.

I like the video I posted last year, so will post it again:


Here is the story of a transplant recipient...in his own words:


I'd better head to bed. Good night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails