Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tennessee Day One

My dad picked me up a little after 5:30 this morning (REALLY short night...I was still awake at midnight!) My airport is small and it was the first flight out, but we did cut it a little close as evidenced by the "late check in" tag on my luggage (and the fact that I got through security just in time step into the boarding line...) Oops! I didn't have to change planes, which was really nice and I managed to rest some on the plane.

My aunt picked me up and we got Starbucks before picking up my cousin for lunch (not much time between breakfast and lunch, but I'm on vacation...ha!) He showed us around campus (he's a freshman this year...crazy since he turned EIGHT my freshman year of college!) We took a couple pictures, mostly on my aunt's camera. This one is kind of far away, but that's probably okay because up closer you could see my tired eyes, raw nose, and red cheeks...ha! I'm feeling better today, but my throat is still sore (especially since now I've been coughing) and my nose is very drippy...no fever that I know of though :)


After lunch, we came back to my aunt and uncle's and I took a nap. My aunt, my OTHER (the girl :)) cousin, and I went to a Penance Service/Reconciliation at their church before going to Cracker Barrel for dinner (yum!)

It's not that late, but I'm tired, so think I will head to bed. Tomorrow, my aunt is going to bring me to a shopping center area while she is at work and then pick me up for dinner. That will be fun. I'm planning to bring my netbook and a couple books to read (namely, the Bloom Book and Angie Smith's book :) ) along with my credit card and have a fun day.

Ginger had her amnio today and Cate's lungs look good, so she is scheduled to come tomorrow afternoon. Continued prayers for the health of both of them (a c-section IS surgery!) and for the rest of the family. Love you Ging...{hugs}

Night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails