Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tennessee Day Four

I slept absolutely terrible last night because of my nasty cough. It was SO annoying that I couldn't fall asleep and then I had a hard time staying asleep. I know I am lucky that I "never" get sick, but since I "never" do, I forgot how "un-fun" it is! I'm definitely ready to feel better (one of the only good things about being miles away from Ginger's new baby is that it would be absolute torture to be so close to that tiny beauty and not be able to get anywhere near her! If I'm not better in a month when I go see her...well, I'm not going to "go there" because I best be better in a couple days, not weeks! Ginger did post some pictures of Baby Cate on her blog...she is precious.

Okay, back to Day Four...it was hard to get up since I slept like crap, but I did it and rested in the car on our way to the Nashville Cathedral for Mass. It is really pretty :)


After Mass, we went to the Parthenon and walked around there for a little while. We didn't go inside since it costs money and I've been there, but it is neat.





We at lunch at Jack's Bar-B-Que before walking around downtown. Apparently, there is live music "everywhere" and sometimes "famous" people will pop in to sing a song or two (probably not on a Sunday afternoon, but we definitely had our listening ears on!)











Well, that's a pretty "picture heavy" post from someone with a point-and-shoot and no Photoshop, but that pretty much was my day in Nashville through my eyes :) (well, that and lots of tissues, cough drops, and water...oh, and an ice cream too!)

I need to get up in time to see my aunt and cousin before they leave at 7:30, so I should head to bed. (PLEASE let me have a better night sleep!) Back home tomorrow...

1 comment:

Steph said...

Isn't Tennessee beautiful? I'd love to move there and talk like a Southerner :-) Hope you enjoy the last little bit you're there...don't let your nasty cold ruin your fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails