Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, April 16, 2010

Good Times

I can't believe that I haven't worked since SUNDAY, but it's back to reality when I have to go back tomorrow and Sunday. Well, not EXACTLY back to reality because I just have to work those two days and then on Wednesday and then I go to Tennessee for five days! I've had a fantastic week off (and actually did quite a bit of "blogging" this week--Tuesday, Wednesday, AND yesterday!)

This morning, I had breakfast with my "put things into perspective" friend. I'm sure I've written about her before, since we have been friends for a LONG time! I baby-sat her kids and now they are a Freshman in college and a Freshman in high school! I tell her that "everyone needs a 'Stephanie'" which she thinks is sweet...and she says she loves spending time with me too, which is also sweet :o)


As expected, we had a great time at breakfast. I did a lot of talking at first, but then utilized the conversation skills we learned in class this week (okay, that was "tongue in cheek"' because I'm fairly certain that I already know how to have a conversation with her!) We hadn't gotten together in a while, so it was really nice to catch up (this picture is from September when she came to my dad's birthday party)

I actually took a nap this afternoon, even though I didn't stay up THAT late and didn't get up THAT early. Hopefully that "extra" sleep will make it easier to get up in the morning...highly unlikely, but worth a shot, right?!

After my nap, I walked to the post office and stopped by the grocery store for a few things. I got a Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks since I had a gift card and it was yummy.

I was invited to the 50th birthday party for a "guy" who used to live next door to my parents. It was nice to get my own invitation (gotta love "evite") and that I was off so I could go. I actually wore a cute new shirt and nice jeans, did my hair and make-up (as my "skill" for that allows), and thought I looked pretty darn good (if I do say so myself...ha!) I went alone, but knew that I would know quite a few people (including my friend from this morning and my parents who were going to go for a little while). I did a LOT of talking during the nearly 2 1/2 hours I was there to quite a few different people. I ended up talking to one of the pediatricians who works at the office where I worked for a couple of years. For some reason, I hadn't thought about that in a while (not that I "forgot", but it wasn't something that had crossed my mind recently!) Although I got the job there because of one of the other pediatricians, and she is a friend, this one is a lot more like me and I had a GREAT time whenever I worked with her. When I worked at the office, I was a "floater", so worked with all of the doctors in the office. I was working there through some pretty tough times at the hospital and this one cried with me/listened to me during those times. It was SO great to see her since it had been quite a long time (years probably!) since we had talked. I met her husband, talked about her kids (maybe I'll have some stories to share at my next "training" on Tuesday...ha!) Before I left, she shared that she had said to her husband "isn't she adorable?!" in reference to me...and apparently he agreed, which, I guess, is "adorable"...ha ha! (I guess she and the other pediatrician are "plotting" to find me a nice guy...yeah, them and "everyone" else...oh well, it is what it is..."trust", right?!)

Okey doke, I'd better try and get some sleep. I'm kind of "wired", even though I only had two drinks, plus I took a nap I probably didn't need!

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails