Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bring the Rain

Okay, so I "sort of" stole the title from Angie's blog (and from this song). But, I seriously LOVE thunderstorms and there is one going on right outside my window. :) So, I think I'm going to turn off my computer (good idea since where there is thunder, there is usually lighting) and the TV and get ready for bed. I am over halfway through reading Angie's book "I Will Carry You" and should be able to finish it before I go to bed. MckMama posted this video...and is having a giveaway for a copy of the book. If you don't win a copy and want to borrow mine when I'm done, I'll let you...as long as you promise to send it back :) (and, I probably shouldn't admit this, but I did carry it around with me my whole vacation in Nashville in case I "happened" to run into her...alas, my copy remains "unautographed"...ha ha!)




Time to grab my blanket and my book and listen to the thunder and the rain. Good times (even better if I didn't have to keep a tissue box within arms reach at all times, but it is what it is).
Night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails