Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, April 26, 2010

Home

(Totally cheesy picture, especially since there is never room for my feet on the table...ha!)

How sweet it is. There's no place like it.
Home.

I had such a fun time on vacation (minus the runny/stuffy nose, nagging/hacking cough, and occasional sore throat), however, I'm super excited to sleep in my own bed tonight!

My first flight wasn't a whole lot of fun because the two people next to me talked the whole time (they knew each other). I'm not sure why it bothered me so much because people talk, that's what they do. However, for some reason the woman talking distracted me so much that I couldn't even focus on my reading. So, I quit reading, listened to my iPod and closed my eyes/slept. My second flight was nice and quiet :)

It was rainy and chilly when I got home. I had "big plans" of being productive when I got home and did do a little bit of laundry, but that's about it (oh, and catching up on some of the shows I have on DVR...ha!) I have in my mind some things that need to change/I need to do, but since I didn't start today like I planned, I want to write about it once I am "successful" (some of my "ideas of the day" have not turned into anything BUT that...and idea of the day!) :)

I have my last work class tomorrow. I was supposed to finish reading "the" book. I read parts of two other books instead. I guess I'll be reading in the morning...I need to at least read some of it (the other two books are MUCH better...)

Well, I think I have let my nose run long enough after my sinus rinse that I'm not going to be up half the night coughing like I was the other night. So, time to sleep.

Good night from home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails